Smoke & Mirrors : A Cordial Invitation :: Friday, Aug. 1

D

Deleted member 2755

If no one questioned anything, no improvements would be made. Nothing would get done. Picture medieval times.

That doesn't make any difference. Talent doesn't directly translate into producing good things. And even if every product they've made/been involved with was good, it doesn't mean they can't make a bad one. If you flip a coin 200 times and it lands on heads every time, the odds it lands on heads the next toss is still 50/50.

Wait, I thought they were using these cards for 2 days straight and they were still flawless afterwards??? That's 48 hours and no clumping. :rolleyes:

Why should you expect us to? If you've never had a bad experience with Dan and Dave and want to put your trust in them, fine. But to expect everyone else to place blind trust in them is a bit ridiculous don't ya think? It seems to me that you don't think it's possible someone can have an unpleasant experience with them, so hypothetically speaking, if someone did, is that justification enough for them to say "I'll wait until I get the cards to judge if they're good"? Or if someone just doesn't want to completely believe the sellers of the product (who make money on each purchase) and wants to see for themselves before just placing an order for 5 bricks on the night of the release?

Maybe you should take a break from the computer and go outside if a little bit of skepticism depresses you...

I wouldn't say they are considered liars per say, but they have been known to stretch the truth around product releases. To me, when something is going to be released in June/July, and someone asks in February "When are Smoke and Mirrors out?" saying "Coming Soon" is a little bit of a stretch..

I have to agree with everything you said. I won't lie... I agree with you 100%. However, for S&M I've heard that they meant to release these a long while back, but there were several problems with the decks. I can't say for sure because I don't know for sure... but I can't really argue with any of those points. You are absolutely right.

As for me saying it "depresses me"... that was a bit of a stretch.

-Doug

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
I have to agree with everything you said. I won't lie... I agree with you 100%. However, for S&M I've heard that they meant to release these a long while back, but there were several problems with the decks. I can't say for sure because I don't know for sure... but I can't really argue with any of those points. You are absolutely right.

As for me saying it "depresses me"... that was a bit of a stretch.

-Doug

I appreciate the honesty. I know some posters might have just said my username was stupid so they were therefore better than me and didn't have to answer to my post, or something ridiculous like that. I understand that there might have been problems, and that's to be expected, but I don't see why it's such a big deal to tell us that. I'd rather hear the truth than just a vague overused phrase.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
If no one questioned anything, no improvements would be made. Nothing would get done. Picture medieval times.

That doesn't make any difference. Talent doesn't directly translate into producing good things. And even if every product they've made/been involved with was good, it doesn't mean they can't make a bad one. If you flip a coin 200 times and it lands on heads every time, the odds it lands on heads the next toss is still 50/50.

Wait, I thought they were using these cards for 2 days straight and they were still flawless afterwards??? That's 48 hours and no clumping. :rolleyes:

Why should you expect us to? If you've never had a bad experience with Dan and Dave and want to put your trust in them, fine. But to expect everyone else to place blind trust in them is a bit ridiculous don't ya think? It seems to me that you don't think it's possible someone can have an unpleasant experience with them, so hypothetically speaking, if someone did, is that justification enough for them to say "I'll wait until I get the cards to judge if they're good"? Or if someone just doesn't want to completely believe the sellers of the product (who make money on each purchase) and wants to see for themselves before just placing an order for 5 bricks?

Maybe you should take a break from the computer and go outside if a little bit of skepticism depresses you...

I wouldn't say they are considered liars per say, but they have been known to stretch the truth around product releases. To me, when something is going to be released in June/July, and someone asks in February "When are Smoke and Mirrors out?" saying "Coming Soon" is a little bit of a stretch..

Way to dissect a "mods" post
ANd whats up whit his "official avatar"
Your name is Alright

Im not buying these cards
Ill wait

D

Deleted member 2755

Way to dissect a "mods" post
ANd whats up whit his "official avatar"
Your name is Alright

Im not buying these cards
Ill wait

Everyone is wrong once in a while. I would rather be proven wrong when I am wrong than be wrong, but think that I'm correct. The avatar will be changed soon. :rolleyes: I agree about his name being alright. That is your preference on the cards.

Can we please get this topic back on track to be about S&M cards please?...

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

What difference does it make if he's mod or not? We'll be a lot more productive if we talk to each other as equals, instead of following some sort of pecking order and talking down or up to each other.

I agree. I have been getting countless PM's from people treating me like a god. I'm just some guy trying to become a magician like all of you. The only difference is that I can lock threads when they get out of hand... that's it...

Please... let's get back on topic. If the next post after this has nothing to do with S&M... I will just delete the last few posts to make this thread on topic again. If you guys wish to argue, do it by PM. Thanks.

-Doug

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Guys,

Please refrain from bashing, being off topic and making false accusations.

If you are unsure about the deck (as you have every right to be) then state why you are unsure, so it might turn into answers from the people who know. (JB/D&D).

This is very exciting for both theory11 and dananddave, we would like to include you in the fun and festivities of a fantastic release on the site.

You guys are awesome, and I would like to see you continue to prove your awesomeness.

Love,

Katie

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
Guys,

Please refrain from bashing, being off topic and making false accusations.

If you are unsure about the deck (as you have every right to be) then state why you are unsure, so it might turn into answers from the people who know. (JB/D&D).

This is very exciting for both theory11 and dananddave, we would like to include you in the fun and festivities of a fantastic release on the site.

You guys are awesome, and I would like to see you continue to prove your awesomeness.

Love,

Katie

Thanks Katie. Also, I wonder if the decks will be the same (except for color obviously...), or if there will be slight differences.

-SM

D

Deleted member 2755

Thanks Katie. Also, I wonder if the decks will be the same (except for color obviously...), or if there will be slight differences.

-SM

From what I've heard, the 2 decks are complete inverses of each other.:)

-Doug

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Ink can make an enormous difference. The feel of gilded aladdins and normal are completely different, and that's just thanks to an added ink.

I would have to believe that D&D considered that in the manufacturing and selected processes that would keep them consistent.

I can't wait for these. The only slight disappointment for me was that I really believed for a time that they might have re-designed the face of the cards with a unique design for the indexes. Unfortunately I don't think this is the case, but I bet they are beautiful.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results