Smoke & Mirrors : A Cordial Invitation :: Friday, Aug. 1

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Full details will be announced at the time of release, but regarding feel and finish - these hit the mark. For those that may not be familiar with Aristocrat stock - it is high-end and extremely durable.

We've been handling these since arrival a few days ago, and in all use thus far - they're amazing. By my estimate, the decks are about one or two cards thinner than Guardians / Centurions, and the stock is a bit more crisp (more snap to it).

D

Deleted member 2755

Let's not forget that they are trying to sell us these decks.

Tell me one item Dan and Dave have sold that is not the best quality possible. :)

I am not familiar with the Aristocrat stock. I look forward to getting these decks in my hands... I only have enough money for 1 of each. (I also wanna get a deck of Centurions and the Triple Shuffle 1 on 1 video so I'm not going to get 2 of each.) I look forward to seeing what these babies look like. :) Those who bad mouth them now will realize the truth about them soon in time.

-Doug

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
Oh I'm not doubting the quality, but to answer your question, Vodka Cards...

Ok, in my opinion, I'm getting kind of ticked at people putting down Vodka's so much. These cards were never meant to be for the likes of magicians and flourishers; these cards were meant as promotional gifts for a select few. If you want to read more over this you can find it here.

-SM

Sep 1, 2007
Ok, in my opinion, I'm getting kind of ticked at people putting down Vodka's so much. These cards were never meant to be for the likes of magicians and flourishers; these cards were meant as promotional gifts for a select few. If you want to read more over this you can find it here.

-SM

I know that, but when Dan and Dave sold them they were aimed at magicians and flourishers.

And I actually quite enjoyed full nelson for the price :p.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Vodkas weren't made by Dan and Dave.
They just sold a few on their website because they like the cards, and thought you would enjoy them too.
I happen to love my vodka deck, and it's still in great condition.

Sep 1, 2007
Vodkas weren't made by Dan and Dave.
They just sold a few on their website because they like the cards, and thought you would enjoy them too.
I happen to love my vodka deck, and it's still in great condition.

Sinful said 'sold' not 'made'.

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
I know that, but when Dan and Dave sold them they were aimed at magicians and flourishers.

And I actually quite enjoyed full nelson for the price :p.

Yes that may be so but what I'm saying is only a handful (I'm not being litteral...) of these decks were made and given out. These decks were sought after by collectors and merchants who over-hyped these cards. Flourishers and magicians alike found these cards and fell into this hype - which brings me back to original saying: These cards were never meant for magicians and flourishers... Simply as promotional items.

-SM

Sep 1, 2007
Yes that may be so but what I'm saying is only a handful (I'm not being litteral...) of these decks were made and given out. These decks were sought after by collectors and merchants who over-hyped these cards. Flourishers and magicians alike found these cards and fell into this hype - which brings me back to original saying: These cards were never meant for magicians and flourishers... Simply as promotional items.

-SM
You're missing the point though, Dan and Dave said on their website:
...ideal for manipulators and flourishers.
If that isn't aimed at magicians and flourishers I don't know what is. Absolut Cards are not the best quality possible, therefore my point stands.

D

Deleted member 2755

Guys, this thread was meant to be about Smoke & Mirrors which many have been looking forward to for a VERY long time. Now look at what it has become. It has become a thread questioning whether or not Dan and Dave are liars....

Well like most people on here, I have all the respect in the world for Dan and Dave. People who are questioning the decks will simply wait for reviews. No one is forcing anybody to pick up these decks.

Let's please get back on topic. I really don't want to lock a thread like this. Back on topic about S&M please. Thanks guys.

-Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
Guys, this thread was meant to be about Smoke & Mirrors which many have been looking forward to for a VERY long time. Now look at what it has become. It has become a thread questioning whether or not Dan and Dave are liars....

Well like most people on here, I have all the respect in the world for Dan and Dave. People who are questioning the decks will simply wait for reviews. No one is forcing anybody to pick up these decks.

Let's please get back on topic. I really don't want to lock a thread like this. Back on topic about S&M please. Thanks guys.

-Doug

Ok Doug.

-SM

P.S. ElisG, if you would like to carry on our conversation send me a PM or preferrably over MSN, Skype, or Yahoo.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Please... do not question Dan and Dave...

If no one questioned anything, no improvements would be made. Nothing would get done. Picture medieval times.

They are incredibly experienced and are some of the best flourishers in the world.
I think they know what they are talking about.

That doesn't make any difference. Talent doesn't directly translate into producing good things. And even if every product they've made/been involved with was good, it doesn't mean they can't make a bad one. If you flip a coin 200 times and it lands on heads every time, the odds it lands on heads the next toss is still 50/50.

As Dave said, leave your cards some time to rest. If you have a deck in your hands for 6 hours straight of course you will get clumping issues. The oil from your hands will shorten the life of your cards.

Wait, I thought they were using these cards for 2 days straight and they were still flawless afterwards??? That's 48 hours and no clumping. :rolleyes:

I trust what these guys say. You should all trust them too.

Why should you expect us to? If you've never had a bad experience with Dan and Dave and want to put your trust in them, fine. But to expect everyone else to place blind trust in them is a bit ridiculous don't ya think? It seems to me that you don't think it's possible someone can have an unpleasant experience with them, so hypothetically speaking, if someone did, is that justification enough for them to say "I'll wait until I get the cards to judge if they're good"? Or if someone just doesn't want to completely believe the sellers of the product (who make money on each purchase) and wants to see for themselves before just placing an order for 5 bricks?

The fact that people are questioning whether or not they are lying really just depresses me.

Maybe you should take a break from the computer and go outside if a little bit of skepticism depresses you...

I also don't think they want to ruin their reputation and be looked at as liars.

I wouldn't say they are considered liars per say, but they have been known to stretch the truth around product releases. To me, when something is going to be released in June/July, and someone asks in February "When are Smoke and Mirrors out?" saying "Coming Soon" is a little bit of a stretch..

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results