So...Illustrated Compendium of Magic Tricks and Tricks of the Mind...

Aug 15, 2017
Well, I got the 2 books mentioned in the title today and I want to know, what do you guys think of them?

Like, what are the things I should pay special attention too, what are the things I should treat as the holy grail, and what are some things which I shouldn't actually learn from these books...

(Some reference for the last point...often a work in magical literature, or any performance art or topic, may be written well by an expert in the field or topic. But the ideas themselves might be controversial, or not really practical. If I could know about the such weak points of the books or things that are not so much practical TODAY, I wouldn't develop any bad habits (which is difficult to do as it is. I understand both the books have been written by experts and I feel I am in safe hands, trying to follow WHATEVER they say, but still...better safe than sorry.) ).

Just know that I won't be prejudiced or anything. All the advice and suggestions you guys will give will serve as excellent guides for me. And once I feel I HAVE extracted enough from the books by following the path you guys set me on, I will definitely try to look more into the book and discover new stuff and principles myself, so as to feel like some amazing treasure-hunter.

So guys, reply with what you feel are the pros and cons of the books, the areas of main importance and whatever I should prolly focus on, the areas I should tread with care and the words I should treat with a whole fist of salt :) ...and the effects you guys feel are the best to start on the books and realise their true value.

PS::- Two things...first, I am aware that Tricks of the Mind is not your average magic book which teaches secrets.
Second, The Illustrated Compendium of Magic Tricks is really heavy and also the prettiest of all my magic books till date...just saying :) :) :)

Mar 16, 2018
The hypnosis chapter in tricks of the mind is pretty good, gives you some basic information about the history of hypnosis. I would also keep an Eye on the 'how to memorize the order of a deck of cards' gives you a good idea of a powerful effect with a stacked deck,

Reactions: Lord Magic
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results