Swallowing Needle/Thread Effect

I realise there has probably already been loads of threads about this topic so I promise to keep this short, sweet and promise it will disapear as soon as I have an aswer.

I've been searching the 'wonderful' world wide web for the best version of the classic Needle & Thread Swallowing effect. But I can't seem to find any version to buy.

Basically I am asking what people think is the best version of the effect to get or where I can learn how to do it and where I can find said version.

Peace, JL

Jul 13, 2009
You really can't buy a full made version of the swallowing needles effect. However, you can find the needle swallowing effect in Tarbell. I recently bought "Confessions of Needle Swallower" which in my opinion is the best marketed version of the needle swallowing effect. Then of course you can always just make your own method, just think through what the audience sees, then figure out a way to actually do it.

Feb 4, 2008
You could also check out Dan Sperry's "Notes about Nothing." It has a razor blade swallowing illusion that IF you follow instructions can be fairly safe. (At least as safe as any effect where you put a non edible item in your mouth)
Not exactly needles but essentially the same effect.

Yeahh I found Steve Spill's version. But it costs sooo much and its full of his scripts and stuff which I'm certainly not interested in. And I have a razorblade swallowing effect by Sperry as I love the guy but theres an item I need which I can't seem to find over here in England :/

But looking at that link Mat that version of the DVD is not too bad. The version I found cost a lot more. May just bit the bullet and invest ahah :)

Nov 8, 2007
But looking at that link Mat that version of the DVD is not too bad. The version I found cost a lot more. May just bit the bullet and invest ahah :)
I really can't recommend it enough. His handling and the added gimmick the DVD comes with just makes it so killer.

I stray quite a bit from Steve's script so the effect fits my style. He has a great script but you're certainly not bound by it. I urge you to watch the clips of him performing. If you like the effect itself get it. As much mileage as I'm getting out of the effect now I would have paid 4 times the cost to learn it. Best version of the effect out there in my opinion.

Hope that helps.

Yeahh well I obviously wouldn't use his script. I don't use anyones scripts but my own, I personally think it shows a severe lack of creativity and individuality to use someone elses script and could never imagine doing it.

Think I am going to invest in it for the effect, I've watched a clip of him performing it. Although I have to admit, I do enjoy the line "Who're you on the end of my finger there" lol xD

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results