t11.bulletin : DVR by Tony Chang - Now Available

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
theory11 presents a signature card routine from the mind of Tony Chang - DVR.

Two cards transpose under impossible conditions. Included is an extremely deceptive control and a visual color change, all taught in complete detail by the man himself.

See the preview video and order DVR now - exclusively in our 1-on-1 training section.

Jan 13, 2008
That looks pretty sweet!

Sadly, I won't be able to afford it for a while...going to be strapped for cash, what with Final Fantasy XIII coming out in a few days and all.

I look forward to the reviews in the mean time. :)

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
It´s really a giant flash...I feel that an spectator would call me out saying something "oh, but the card in the middle wasn´t my card I just saw it...and you say that the joker mimic my card...how can he mimic the card when is the wrong card in the first place?"

they should re-film it...

Jan 13, 2008
Ohhhh...I thought you guys were talking about the huge flash in method for the very end, rather than the flash of the actual card in the middle. Either way, a re-shoot would definitely be in order, or at least a re-edit. :)

Sep 1, 2007
lol how did they not notice that?

good trick...too bad everyone knows the mechanics now...

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Oh yay...cards again
And a transpo? Thats not even creative
Pathetic
Actually, I don't think it's pathetic. It's far better than Tivo 2.0, and has much better angles. So I'd say this is great for Tivo 2.0 users. I may pick it up eventually also. I don't like Tivo 2.0, but I always like Tony's variation. Now it's released, so I think that's kinda cool. I know it's cards, but since I can't do anything to change it to something other than cards, I'd say this is pretty good for cards.

Nov 8, 2009
OMG that was a ginormous flash........

i cant believe that the vid was released, but still nice trick, nonetheless!!

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
OMG that was a ginormous flash........

i cant believe that the vid was released
The video does contain a flash, it is by no means "ginormous" - it took three viewings by our crew just to notice it. When you're looking for the moves, it's easy to overlook a flash in the effect. Particularly when you're thinking like a magician. ;)

With that said, the video will be replaced later tonight with a more flawless take. We of course make mistakes, Tony is human, but when these errors are in regard to technique and method - in the interest of secrecy - they are best discussed outside of a public forum.

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys,

I'm sorry for the flash and my apologies. I hope you all find some uses out of the trick. I think the moves built into this trick can help you all out in various situations.

I use this control all the time and it's probably one of the cleanest ones I know.

My small variation on the Pughe's pass solves some problems many magicians have when learning the move. It is silent and makes it less like a card "flicking" away. Ironically it doesn't show in this video because of the flash but if any of you are going to Magic-con I'll be more than glad to show you 1on1.

Once again, my apologies and I'm glad we are on a site where magicians can come and share our knowledge. I personally wouldn't pass this up because its just another "Tivo", but look and study the moves and you will be surprised what else you can apply it to.

Thanks everyone, and thanks for your support.

-Tony

P.S. I will be re-filming it soon, but my work has me trapped in my office. I'm still here now editing at 2am.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results