That one trick... What's the name? Please help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heavymetalholic, Sep 22, 2008.

  1. whats the name of the trick that wayne houchin does, where he puts the quater in the cup of cofee, and it starts to bubble. when he poors out the coffee the quater is bent, it can be found in the Unreal Montage video.

    I would LOVE to know where the trick is taught, any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks =]
  2. yo metal!!!

    Check you PM's homeslice!
  3. i would also like to know the name of this trick as well

    I've watched that montage millions of times and i thought it was awesome!:D
  4. as would I love to know the name of that wonderful trick?
  5. gotta love Joel lol
    I have my "theory" of how its done. But il leave it at my theory.
  6. In the course of reading this thread, I came up with my own method on how this could be done. Part of it is based on a concept by Mark Edward, but the whole thing seems to work in my head.

    Honestly, I somehow doubt this effect has been released. If you like the concept enough, then it should be worth it to create your own method. Sean Field's did the same thing when he heard about Morgan Strebler's Taste Conditions and invented Taste-icular.
  7. ah i forget, there is a name though, its quite easy to do.
  8. It is "torgue" from David Harkeys book "A-Ha"
  9. I think it is the Harkey idea, yes. Me and Chr!s have been looking into a few things and this is one of them.

    It's a cool idea, I would probably never thought of using the tools he explains in that way!:p

  10. Beat me to the punch!

    Yeah, Wayne performs Torque, from AH-HA, the Eric Anderson/David Harkey book. It's a very nifty effect, and while the bend itself is not overtly visual, the overall appearance of the effect is very magical. More of an implicit than explicit moment.

    Good Luck finding the book! and if you find more than one copy, give me a shout!


Share This Page

{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results