The WIRE

TWB

Aug 23, 2008
Hey Mukund,

Because our team is approving the final product, not simply the raw effect or concept, it is required to upload the complete preview video and instructional at the time of submission. At that time, you also specify your effect title, description, and suggested price (or make it free!). The process is very similar to uploading a video to YouTube in that you have complete control over all aspects and you just hit one simple button to submit. Viola!

Real quick question JB, if I were to upload a submission, it would be multiple effects (of the same mindset) on one download....is that acceptable?!

Thanks,
Tyler
TWB

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
That is perfectly fine. Just make sure that if you are going to try to charge a $40 price for your collection of tricks that your collection is actually worth $40. Also adjust your preview videos accordingly. Showing one trick of a collection really doesn't cut it.

Hope that helps.

L

I'm interested in seeing what these so called amatuers and children come up with Formula...I've seen some really good things coming from the younger crowd lately and I trust they'll take it every bit serious as well...let the games begin guys!

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
I'm interested in seeing what these so called amatuers and children come up with Formula...I've seen some really good things coming from the younger crowd lately and I trust they'll take it every bit serious as well...let the games begin guys!

Every post I've seen you make has been very honest and you seem to really defend the younger people who haven't had a chance to speak up yet.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Any estimate on when we can submit?

Very soon! We're patching up some minor glitches in the submission process and expect to have things resolved in the next 24 hours. We'll make sure an update is posted in the forums as soon as the switch is turn on, and everyone with an artist account will get an automatic email notification the second the submission process opens up.

Very soon! We're patching up some minor glitches in the submission process and expect to have things resolved in the next 24 hours. We'll make sure an update is posted in the forums as soon as the switch is turn on, and everyone with an artist account will get an automatic email notification the second the submission process opens up.

Cool bananas :) Can't wait til the floodgates open

Jul 18, 2010
I didn't have the time to film anything this weekend, but I'm REALLY anxious to see what makes it up there in the first week.

I have no video editing skills at all, except for being able to chop stuff around, change resolutions and change video codecs. I can't do fancy editing or flashy effects. I only have average camera equipment and a good (not high quality) mic. I do however have some effects and moves I've been using and wanting to share for some time. They are IMO great and fun and I hope I'll be able to get them out to the community but will my approval for wire suffer due to an averagely edited/0 video effects video?

I am a Magician after all not a multimedia expert lol.

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
I have no video editing skills at all, except for being able to chop stuff around, change resolutions and change video codecs. I can't do fancy editing or flashy effects. I only have average camera equipment and a good (not high quality) mic. I do however have some effects and moves I've been using and wanting to share for some time. They are IMO great and fun and I hope I'll be able to get them out to the community but will my approval for wire suffer due to an averagely edited/0 video effects video?

I think video and audio quality does play a role, but as long as it's not terrible I'm sure it'll be approved.

Alternatively, come to QLD and I'll hook you up with some filming and editing :p

If you really want a top notch video, go to a film school there will be many, many people there ready to work for cheap.

J.

Nov 12, 2007
when are effects going to be posted? I had heard that it would all be fixed by yesterday or today... I don't think I can wait much longer, or else I might start going a little bit crazy. So crazy that I will create the ultimate ACAAN and then I will disappear, and come back like 20 years later as if nothing happened.

I have some effects that I want to put up, but for me the issue is video quality. I have been saving up for a camera for a few months now, but I guess I will have to wait a little longer.

I've already decided that my first wire submission will be a theory PDF revamping my "How to Get Gigs, and Keep Clients" essay. I've expanded upon the chapters, included valuable document templates, added new imagery, and even wrote a brand new mysterious 9th chapter that I left out of the original manuscript. I'm still trying to decide on a proper price for it, as I've got to consider the 40% first.

If the PDF sells well, then I'll probably release some sideshow videos focusing on some of my more popular sideshow stunts.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I've already decided that my first wire submission will be a theory PDF revamping my "How to Get Gigs, and Keep Clients" essay. I've expanded upon the chapters, included valuable document templates, added new imagery, and even wrote a brand new mysterious 9th chapter that I left out of the original manuscript. I'm still trying to decide on a proper price for it, as I've got to consider the 40% first.

If the PDF sells well, then I'll probably release some sideshow videos focusing on some of my more popular sideshow stunts.
I can see a lot of value in that W.D. Especially for those, like me, who have done a gig or two but are still new to the business side of it all.

Oh and another question which I assume only a mod or JB will know the answer to. Are we allowed to offer videos on open source moves, our own handling's and variations of old sleights. I'm sure I'm not the only one that rocks a Pass different to the classic methods. Or colour change variations of old sleights, I'm sure you all understand what I mean. So before I/we put any effort into anything like this please let us know so we don't waste your time with submissions you won't pass be default.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results