Theory11 Suggestion: Chat Room

Bayme, Raiker, and the rest of the team,

The forums are stupid popular, and we have a solid growing community here. That's a huge thing! Why don't we have a chat room on this site yet? Many chats are available, and most are fairly easy to set up and use. Such as realchat.

Just saying guys... I think you're missing out on something here.

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
I've actually thought this for awhile.

The big problem with all of these chats is you have to know which one is the "hot" one right now so to say and you have to make sure you know someone who know's the password.

The only problem with a chat room would obviously be moderation. As awesome of a job the mods here do i think even they could agree it is not easy. Adding a chat room to this could be very hard to take care of.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Also it would take away from the forums possibly, and people would miss out. The great thing about forums, is that I can check a certain times or every few days and not miss any great conversations. It's like a chat room on my schedule.

Chrisfecto has some good points too.

But chatting every once in a while is fun indeed.

The forums are stupid popular, and we have a solid growing community here. That's a huge thing! Why don't we have a chat room on this site yet? Many chats are available, and most are fairly easy to set up and use. Such as realchat.

Good thoughts Draven......I guess all those years of being a corpse keeps you with fresh ideas...

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Justin brings up a valid point. If everyone just popped in the chat rooms, a ton of people would miss out on imperative, entertaining, and enlightening information.

I like having it all written down in the threads so one can go back in history and find that conversation.

That being said, the tiny chat rooms, skype sessions, etc. have been fun and other times they have been a waste. It just depends on the members who are present in the room at that particular time.

Maybe JB or Raiker can chime in here to see how they feel.

Jul 31, 2010

79 6f 75 20 73 70 65 61 6b 20 6f 66 20 74 68 65 20 77 69 72 65

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results