This is Magic - Aim High

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Wow

WOW thats crazy. You know a kinda similar experience happened to me. My cousin Duke came to my house in wisconsin to visit all the way from Organ. When he was at my house he was talking about this girl he liked, and i have never seen or heard about this girl and said something along the lines of "let me guess, brown kinda long brown hair, she has kinda small really cute face and a little short" and so on and so on, i guess her eye color too, and my cousin was speechless... he said quietly, ..... how did you do that..... and i said i don't know. Its was really weird like our mind connected in a way... so i know where your coming from. But your story sounds way creepier.

Jan 16, 2008
It actually is possible to a certain degree.

Leave the gaff in your friend's deck (i have noo idea what necessary gaffs are there...if there is one), then tell him to take the deck out and take the top 2 cards or bottom or whatever.

In other words, use psychology to make him do the motions, but of course it won't look as good or have as many phases as doing it live.

...oh and by-the-way, you'll have to use pyro-kineticity to burn the gaff card after doing it by phone.

::dAvid

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
WOW thats crazy. You know a kinda similar experience happened to me. My cousin Duke came to my house in wisconsin to visit all the way from Organ. When he was at my house he was talking about this girl he liked, and i have never seen or heard about this girl and said something along the lines of "let me guess, brown kinda long brown hair, she has kinda small really cute face and a little short" and so on and so on, i guess her eye color too, and my cousin was speechless... he said quietly, ..... how did you do that..... and i said i don't know. Its was really weird like our mind connected in a way... so i know where your coming from. But your story sounds way creepier.

Haha. I totally get that feeling. That's the stuff that people remember man. I wrote in my essay for Will Draven's contest about how magic forms an image that remains burned in a person's memory, and that collectively, this collage of images, of memories, will help to determine the type of person someone becomes - all we are is a result of responding to these experiences, and that is how magic can change someone's feelings and thoughts. This is exactly that sort of thing. And every time your friend sees a magician or a mentalist, this is the image that will come back, the anecdote waiting to be told a decade from now :) An image that has contributed to the collage, the collage which makes our lives so enjoyable.

Oct 18, 2009
I know this has nothing to do with the above and i'll say i only came to this cause it said aim hi in magic, and very cool happens in the above story.
I wanted to talk about aiming high, i just read on-line about a mindfreak episode where criss is going to try and levetate people at home threw the t.v.
I'm not sure what yo think, or even say about that.

Feb 5, 2009
Amazing story Prae. I have experienced simular things with my dreams maybe 3-4 times in my life. But more like I dream of a surtain situation and after some time I'm in that exact situation in real life. Really creepy, but fun :)

Apr 6, 2010
Prae, i believe every word you typed, 100%.

I do not believe in the supernatural, (although i thought i saw a ghost once, turned out to be a gust of wind and a mini tornado >.> :rolleyes: ).

Anyhow, i do believe in a sixth sense and the power of dreams.

Let me elaborate; I am a writer and therefore have quite a prolific imagination. Throughout my young life especially, but still now, i have very very vivid dreams that i can recount pretty well the next morning. I have dreams of fictional scapes and settings and also of real places and images with both real and created situations.

Throughout my childhood i had several dozen outstanding dreams that have stuck in my mind clearly from when i had them, and have reoccurred in my sleep since.

The spooky, even supernatural thing, if you will, is that out of these dreams that have stuck out of all the rest, they have been the most simple, and have actually happened. Yes, actually happened. Exact situations and locations in my everyday life have matched these dreams, although the dreams were without details such as actual names and locations.

A quick description of one such occurrence, was several years ago i had a dream of a girl and a boy both of about 15 walking in a park talking. Very simply put, several years later i find out that i have a step cousin i never knew of, and she was that exact girl i saw in that dream years before, creepy eh?

Now you may say that all of the above is just coincidence, but it has happened at least five times in my 18 years on this planet and im sure it will happen again.

The only explanation i have for this is my belief of how life works. I am not religious but i do believe that everything happens for a reason, for everyone. For instance to explain it better, imagine a timeline created for everybody, that charts each major occurrence in their life, in chronological order, and although everything between these events is left to pan out however it happens, the major marking points on this timeline, therefore in your life, are steadfast, and you can not change them. A mix of destiny, fate and ridiculous imagination you say. That may be, but i believe it, and it is my only explanation for such events with my dreams.

And so therefore, i think that certain things do happen in our lives which are unexplainable with reason or logic. Most of it is to do with our minds, and we underestimate our abilities incredibly, the mind is the single most complicated device in the world, and our lives, and we will never come close to understanding everything about it and the way it works.

Believe it or not, but it happened to me and i totally believe your experience Prae,
Steve

May 7, 2010
looks like u 2 r meant to be together oooolala:) lol cool trick that dream thing has happened before with what my sister is doing and where she was once

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
To everyone who has responded here: thank you. Particularly the above three - Mike, Steve and AoS, to whom I haven't yet responded.

Steve, I like your explanation of things. And I can certainly appreciate the imagination of a writer, a close friend of mine is as well, and I can definitely believe I'm not the only one to have such an experience.

May 9, 2010
I think you performed mentalism on yourself to see it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ladys and Gentlemen! The one! The only! DarkWitness!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results