Twizted by Eric Jones

Mar 20, 2008
Indiana
I think it was VERY VISUAL and it pretty much explains itself.....i do think though it should have some patter but not a full script. I thought it was a superb performance considering he came up with it a week ago.....he never said he was finished with it. I apologize if i am out of line here but i feel that some of the users on these forums are way to anal about things that do'nt really matter. (excluding crediting). But that is just me. This is a place where we can share magic ideas and tips with one another. Nobody should feel scared to post a comment or video becuase they are scared they are going to get critiqued for their grammer or spelling. We need to stop being so articulate about non-sense and starting helping each other grow in the art of magic.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Jon, he wasn't talking about T11 as a company. He was talking about the users.

-Doug

True, but regardless there is no need for the negativity and condescending tone. It's unprofessional, disrespectful, and uncalled for - whether it's to us or to our artists or to our community. We should remain positive and professional - that's how we advance.

With regard to Shane's post - the plot of aces turning over is Vernon's Twisting the Aces. The alignment move was at least based on Larry Jennings' Optical Toss; Guy's move is the Optical Alignment move - both I believe have similar mechanics but some distinguishing factors. In sincerity I have no idea who Roger Smith is.

Regardless, very nice work by Eric. Sweet. Slick.

D

Deleted member 2755

Just watched the video. Incredibly visual. Loved it. At first I wondered if I saw you spread the cards incorrectly or if I in fact saw a color change. That was insane.

Not gonna comment on the credits because I honestly don't know the origin.

Anyway, nice job Eric. If there are any crediting issues, I hope you get them fixed.

-Doug

Sep 20, 2008
With regard to Shane's post - the plot of aces turning over is Vernon's Twisting the Aces. The alignment move was at least based on Larry Jennings' Optical Toss; Guy's move is the Optical Alignment move - both I believe have similar mechanics but some distinguishing factors. In sincerity I have no idea who Roger Smith is.

Man, all that magic jargon ive never heard of.. Damn, must be really complex. or im just really naive.

A couple of things. I'm not trying to put T11 down I've been a long standing member here since the beginning but I have no problem with leaving. The tone may have come off abrasive but that wasn't my intent it was to merely strike conversation on the effect itself and the credibility. Roger Smith was a great magician until his passing a few years ago he is greatly missed for those of us that knew him he was a perfectionist in everyway. He was the creator of The Maxi Twist in which the video had very similarities. Anyhow I looked back at Vernon's again and I see what your speaking of JB but look at both versions and make a judgement for yourself. I should have PM'd Eric directly next time I will do so. Peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1BImRhMBRA

As you're aware, we don't draw a line between theory11 as a company and our community. They are one in the same. We're a family - and calling our members 'drones' is offensive not only to our users, but also to our core team.

That said, let's get back to commenting on Eric's performance. Rock'n. :cool:

I don't even know how to respond to this Jon. First you get at me saying " Are you serious your starting something over a video we didn't produce"? Now your saying your one with the users so what happens in these forums is collected result of T11 in essence thats what your saying. Jeez bro then you tell to be more professional you don't even know me we'll leave it at just that. Back to the magic.

True, but regardless there is no need for the negativity and condescending tone. It's unprofessional, disrespectful, and uncalled for - whether it's to us or to our artists or to our community. We should remain positive and professional - that's how we advance.

Regardless, very nice work by Eric. Sweet. Slick.

Mr. JB I couldn't agree with you more about the tone in the forums. Instead of singleing me out we should go back a few threads and really read the insertion in each one of them, I'm sure we can find plenty of examples of complete disregard to fellow members. Christ we just lost Morgician and few others over this but yet T11 didn't feel it was important to step in and mediate the situation other than Jon giving him a nice farewell and a pat on the back. Just saying now where talking. Back to the magic. It's retorical.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
I don't even know how to respond to this Jon. First you get at me saying " Are you serious your starting something over a video we didn't produce"? Now your saying your one with the users so what happens in these forums is collected result of T11 in essence thats what your saying. Jeez bro then you tell to be more professional you don't even know me we'll leave it at just that. Back to the magic.
Correction, I said the following: 'Are you really trying to instigate an argument over a credit in a video that we didn't produce?' I stand by that question. When your original post received no response, you resorted to insulting the same community you're a part of.

Perhaps I misunderstood the intentions of your post. If this is the case, I apologize. But when someone takes shots at our community (i.e., calling them 'drones'), a response is definitely warranted. That said, it's water under the bridge. In your words, 'back to the magic'. ;)

Correction, I said the following: 'Are you really trying to instigate an argument over a credit in a video that we didn't produce?' I stand by that question. When your original post received no response, you resorted to insulting the same community you're a part of.

Perhaps I misunderstood the intentions of your post. If this is the case, I apologize. But when someone takes shots at our community (i.e., calling them 'drones'), a response is definitely warranted. That said, it's water under the bridge. In your words, 'back to the magic'. ;)

I can agree with the word Drone being a bit harsh it was said on a whim and I misunderstood what you where saying so I apoligize so I'll edit the post. No biggie. Props

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results