VDP at Alakazam

*speechless* that was incredible. I'm about 90% fooled. I wish the presetation was better, no disrespect to the performer, I think it was the fact I couldn't hear him talking during the effect over the music. Thanks for show me this, I may buy it after I read some reviews.

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Yeah, what Im mostly interested in is all the different applications. What we see in the video is just the basic effect, they say you can achieve many different things.

Oct 28, 2007
acctually when i saw this i was so mad because i have been working on the same effect for a couple weeks i was just so po'd but now i'm over it i will just make mine better :D

Sep 6, 2007
I don't know why people are getting so excited.Did anyone notice that the spectator had to sign in a tiny spot on the top? That right there would be suspicious to any spectator. And what happens if they sign too big and go outside the white top?

-Besides that, you need to go to the art supply store to pick up 2-3 things which most people will not have.

-Need to make a new gimmick every time you perform or practice this.

-And like a lot of torn and restored type effects, the angles are very bad.

This is just what I gathered from a few reviews.

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
I don't know why people are getting so excited.Did anyone notice that the spectator had to sign in a tiny spot on the top? That right there would be suspicious to any spectator. And what happens if they sign too big and go outside the white top?

-Besides that, you need to go to the art supply store to pick up 2-3 things which most people will not have.

-Need to make a new gimmick every time you perform or practice this.

-And like a lot of torn and restored type effects, the angles are very bad.

This is just what I gathered from a few reviews.
I mean no offense but what kind of spectators do you have that would think signing the border of a face card(the only part where you could actually see the signature) is fishy? Most normal people have never even signed a card at all so what do they know? Think about it, before you were a magician, how many times did you sign a card? And as for having to get materials to make the gimmick, no big deal for someone who will get great reactions with it(like Garcias Fraud). And for angles, why would people be behind you when you are performing? I solve this by saying, "Ok, everyone come right here and get close. I want you all to see this good." Bam, not only have you gotten everyone where you want them, you made them think they have the best seat in the house.
But not every effect is for everyone. If it just doesnt appeal to you thats cool too,

Sep 6, 2007
A majority of people have seen magic on television before. Years before I got into magic, I knew that people usually sign the card in the middle.

Wouldn't it be kind of weird if someone said "Sign this coin on the top part." You are basically making them sign a white strip,which psychologically means nothing. When you sign across the spades and actual colored ink, you know your signature is on that card and is not going anywhere. Mentally, it is a huge difference.

Everyone has differing opinions, and this is just mine. I personally don't like the idea of signing in a specific area. And what happens when the spectator accidentally goes out of the white area? Some people have Gs or Ys in their name and the bottoms of these letters will more than likely go into the colored area. Maybe that is not an issue, but I am guessing it would be since he asks the spectator to sign in the top part to begin with.

How often do you perform on the street? Not everyone will gather around and come close. Some people like to stay off to the sides. Even by you asking them to please gather around, a few people will stay lurk around to your sides. Not always, but it will happen. So this might also be an issue for people. It is an issue for me.

Fraud has one item you need to buy and I already had that one as do alot of other people. This has 3 items you need, which a reviewer stated that most people won't have at home. Again, not practical for everyone as some people might not have any art supply stores located near them.

Just my opinion...

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results