Dec 2, 2013
So I've owned Venom for just over a week now and I've really enjoyed playing around with it! Naturally, the thread that it comes with is very visible, so I managed to re-thread both devices with Kevlar thread, which is definitely a little less noticeable.

Here's the issue I'm having at the moment. I've linked both Venom devices together, and have performed a couple of effects with it, both devices set at the lowest tension. But every time I release the thread after I've done an effect, the thread breaks as it's taken back into both devices.

Before I go ahead and re-thread both devices with the original thread Venom came with, has anyone else had a similar issue? How did you over-come it(if you managed to)? Honestly, it even happens when there's very little tension on both devices.

Any responses would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Jul 28, 2018
Hey, I haven't tried a different thread yet, but they did mention this exact scenario in the instructions. The rubberband is made so that it can be split / stripped. You must do this to prevent thinner IT from breaking. Hope that helps.

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
So I've owned Venom for just over a week now and I've really enjoyed playing around with it! Naturally, the thread that it comes with is very visible, so I managed to re-thread both devices with Kevlar thread, which is definitely a little less noticeable.

Here's the issue I'm having at the moment. I've linked both Venom devices together, and have performed a couple of effects with it, both devices set at the lowest tension. But every time I release the thread after I've done an effect, the thread breaks as it's taken back into both devices.

Before I go ahead and re-thread both devices with the original thread Venom came with, has anyone else had a similar issue? How did you over-come it(if you managed to)? Honestly, it even happens when there's very little tension on both devices.

Any responses would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi there

On an unrelated note - I picked up a 2nd Hand version of Venom...

Unfortunately w no instructions- I’ve emailed ellusionist regarding obtaining instructions but no answer - Does it come w a DVD or is it a direct download?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results