Wait! I said that but...

Sep 3, 2011
Middle of nowhere NY
I perform a lot better when I have had some eggnog.

I think we should all have a huge get together ... at JB's place of course, I will bring the guacamole!

That sounds like such a fun time! In all (well, half-)seriousness, make that a prize for the holiday contest next year? *wink wink, nudge nudge @ theory11 crew*

I'll bring the fondue. What's a party without fondue?

PS: Off-topic, but lightening up the mood is important, I think!

Feb 7, 2011
Hahahaha Yeah, I used to post a lot in the forums but then I took an arrow to the knee.....

(High five to those that get the reference)

High five.

Ill be honest. I sometimes find myself unwilling to chime in on a thread and agree with Draven (for example), not because i dont agree with him on whatever topic is being discussed, but because sometimes his opinions have a very sharp edge, which I dont always approve of. This however does NOT mean that if there are ten people at a table with different opinions that nine of them are not needed. I couldn't believe what i was reading when i saw that. For example, i like to think that when im calm and collect, i present myself in a mannerly respectful way, though i can be harsh when when such a response is evoked. In a massively big headed way i would like to think of myself along the lines of Dr Richard Dawkins, who i admire greatly. Where as Draven can very often be like the late great Christopher Hitchens, who as an atheist journalist would often deliver 'hitch slaps' to people he was debating, as in he always had great points and counter points, but would often deliver a fire and brimstone powerhouse of debate that really left alot of very intelligent people with no valid comeback. Ill also add that he passed away after yesterday long battle with cancer. R.I.P.

Now these are different mannerisms, but both men were athiest, and had many of the same goals, opinions and hatreds, but just because one of them was at a debate does not mean for a second that the other was not necessary. One was a journalist, the other an evolutionary biologist.

Id like to finish on a positive note and say that i feel that the community here has been coming together, i think post and thread quality is going up and after a bit of a drought of interesting content, the forum is alive again.

-Kevin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
High five.

This however does NOT mean that if there are ten people at a table with different opinions that nine of them are not needed. I couldn't believe what i was reading when i saw that.
-Kevin.

Well, maybe I didn't express myself clearly, sorry for that but english is not my primary language. What I meant is, if everybody around the table always follow what the "leader" say, then there is no reason for a "meeting". I hope this clear what I meant to say :).

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Well, yes but the meaning of what I said wasn't maybe clear. I really wanted to say that you should have your opinion and voice it out. But if you only "follow" what the other says without thinking about it first, then you "are not needed". It's not because you have the same opinion that you are not required, it's IF you dont have yours and you follow what the other says :). Then again, it's a saying, not a way that I live my life :).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results