What a Great Morning...

Sep 22, 2007
This morning I arrived at school bout an hour early due to my class schedule. Well, it was kinda cold outside and decided to wait for the bell to ring in the library. So I walk in and I realized that it was one of my friends sitting down. So I decided to join him. After about 15 min of sitting there listining to music and talkin I decided to play around with my cards. After a couple of minutes he tells me says "show me a trick" with the upmost optimism I agreed. First I showed him one of my favorites...Jokers Wild. His reaction was nothing more than a stare of amazement and he said "What the F*&k?!?!" When I was done with Jokers Wild he asked me for another one. I decided to show him a Daniel Madisons Cameo. This, again, gave a great reaction...running out of time before the bell rang I decided to show him something that is my All Time Favorite...Wayne Houchins Stigmata! When the Effect was done he threw himself back in his chair and said "WHAT!?!?...man you make me feel so normal...". For some reason that scentence made me even more proud of being a magician. After, there was just stairing at my arm over and over with a combination look of puzzlement and being astonished. I was able to create that moment of pure magic for him...atleast I feel I did...to me that is what is being a magician is all about.

ZimFasa

Banned
Jul 28, 2008
This morning I arrived at school bout an hour early due to my class schedule. Well, it was kinda cold outside and decided to wait for the bell to ring in the library. So I walk in and I realized that it was one of my friends sitting down. So I decided to join him. After about 15 min of sitting there listining to music and talkin I decided to play around with my cards. After a couple of minutes he tells me says "show me a trick" with the upmost optimism I agreed. First I showed him one of my favorites...Jokers Wild. His reaction was nothing more than a stare of amazement and he said "What the F*&k?!?!" When I was done with Jokers Wild he asked me for another one. I decided to show him a Daniel Madisons Cameo. This, again, gave a great reaction...running out of time before the bell rang I decided to show him something that is my All Time Favorite...Wayne Houchins Stigmata! When the Effect was done he threw himself back in his chair and said "WHAT!?!?...man you make me feel so normal...". For some reason that scentence made me even more proud of being a magician. After, there was just stairing at my arm over and over with a combination look of puzzlement and being astonished. I was able to create that moment of pure magic for him...atleast I feel I did...to me that is what is being a magician is all about.

Thats awesome =]
Those are the moments we practice for hours and hours for.

Nov 5, 2007
That is a great story. Sometimes people forget what being a magician is all about, but you hit the nail on the head. It is about creating a moment of wonder for someone that allows them to experience childhood imagination again, even if it is briefly. Congrats on a great experience!:)
-Matt Sconce

D

Deleted member 2755

Awesome! I love reading performance stories on here. They are always entertaining. ;) Well I'm glad you had fun with that.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results