What Do You Carry?

StufF

2 Decks of cards usually one regualr deck of bikes and then one to show off or something (soon to be my guardians) haha

Coins for tricks, minipulation

Rubberbands on my arms for tricks or things like that

Phone (always)

Sep 1, 2007
I just carry the normal.

A deck of cards or two.
A sharpie.
Some change, mostly quarters and few bucks in my wallet.
SOON I will be carrying Digital Dissolve coins with me!

I usually wear clothes also :]
Also my cell phone of course.

Sincerly,
Spencer.

Sep 1, 2007
Usually I carry a case of confidance filled with hours of practice and rehearsing. Also I use a dose of showmanship and take with me my girlfriend Mis Direction.

Ow yeah, and a deck of cards, a sharpie, and 2 loops. (they DO brake sometimes)

Offcourse this all fits inside the jeans and sneakers I wear, topped by a nice dark shirt. And remember, a smile can work miracles as well.

Sep 16, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Most of the magic props I carry are on my person. I’ve managed to compact all my props so I have to conveniently carry next to nothing for the amount of mind blowing effects I can perform, whenever and wherever I may perform.

The effects performed using the props are listed also. For cognitive clarity I have split this post up into three sections: Pocketed Items, On Person, and In My Wallet:

Pocketed Items:

1. Bicycle Rider Back Masters Edition Deck (Red)
For a myriad of card tricks. I use the Masters Edition for various reasons: my favourite deck, looks like a standard deck of cards with an awesome Ace of Spades, excellent handling, the box has a sleek modern design and fits extra cards such as a duplicate or my bicycle back impression device. Also useful for its bar code reveal. If only the box had the Three of Spades reveal like the Black Tiger and Ghost Gaff Deck boxes.
I prefer blue but I use red due to ease of signature visibility on the backs. Have been performing with Blood marking system without doing marked deck effects and no detection so far.

2. Stainless Steel Card Guard
Not only looks fancy, it protects the cards and box so I don’t have to worry about them. Engraved with a prediction. Sometimes I just use the Masters design card guard.

3. Magician’s Wax
Balls of Michael Ammar's brand of soft wax ready for Card on Ceiling, carried in a small lip balm container for around 10 performances.

4. Black Bic Lighter
Carried with Branded. Large or small size depends on where I'm going.

5. Black & Red Miniature Sharpie
Carried on my keyring. For writing predictions and signing cards, coins, and effects like Warning variation and marking decks etc.

6. Metal Business Card Holder
Sleek silver, room for up to 15 poker sized cards and other small props:
Bicycle Rider Back Cards - Contains only a few cards: duplicate, blue back card, court card with double stick tape in the centre of the face, joker with double stick tape on the centre of the back, double backs and faces. Twilight Angel cards, and my Bicycle back impression device (any pen or marker can be borrowed).
Redhead Matches - routines include Match Bite, my Warning Variation, and Ignite (original relighting used match effect). A striking surface is double stick taped on the inside of opening lid of the business card holder.

On Person:

1. Zippo Lighter
Standard class shiny Zippo with King of Hearts picture on one side. Stored in belt buckle and engraved with a prediction. Used for Twilight Angels, Twilight Zone, flourishes and my Stigmata variation.

2. Men's Diamond Ring
Fashion accessory always conveniently there for Rubber Made.

3. PK Ring
Chrome wedding band style always around my finger unless I’m planning to get down and dirty. Mostly used for stopping watches and performing Prohibition at parties and pubs.

4. Wrist Watch
Just bought this watch and love it. Stylish all silver and black face Quartz watch with Cardini branded in Italics. For effects like Real Time and clandestine carrying of flash paper for maximum impromptu ability.

In My Wallet:
I'm not familiar with magic wallets, but I'm going to look into them later so I can carry everything I normally do with the added effect of wallet routines.

1. Bicycle Mini Deck Cards
Three mini Rider Back cards for Color Monte when I have no cards on me and I want to do a simple card trick.

2. Flash Paper - Cut into two sizes for different effects. Mainly used for my Branded Variation and adding more of a mentalist touch to the Twilight Zone Zippo trick.

3. In Coin Department
Two rubber bands – For Crazy Man's Handcuffs, Linking Bands, Rubber Made, Card on Ceiling etc. Used to carry them around my wrist but they are annoying and kept getting dirty. I always have them on me now, never forget to bring them out.
Souvenir Linking Rubber Bands - Used as part of rubber band magic routine, given out as a souvenir.
Standard Coins – Four new coins mainly for various vanishes, coin matrix and other effects.
Bent coins – Two types of bent coins: Smooth bends (from the Steve Lancaster Coin Bender) for bending coin in spectators hand, and sharp end bends for The Closer type bends.

All these items may sound like a lot, but I’m only carrying the following items in my pocket:
- Mobile phone
- Armani Wallet
- Keyring: Keys + Miniature sharpie
- A card guarded deck of cards
- Business card case
- Small container of magician's wax
- Mini Bic Lighter

I post this in hopes that it may help other magicians who may want to and are very welcome to use any of the ideas mentioned here.

Let's not forget all the impromptu magic shall we!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
I carry

1 Deck of cards with a duplicate in it
Loop on my wrist
Sharpie
and sometimes Panic Gimmick.

Thats it..u can do tons with that

Sep 2, 2007
Since, we're updating what we're carrying:

I, now, also carry the Panic gimmick, the Distortion gimmick, and a American Half Dollar, an English Penny, and Digital Disolve gaff with my Red Bicycle deck.

thanks, man :)

Anytime.

You can also get 100 feet of Invisible Thread for $24.95.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Bare necessities (For leaving the house):

Bikes

Bare necessities (For leaving the house knowing there might be the sleightest possibility of meeting cute girls):

Bikes w/ a duplicate

Sharpie

Fraud (maybe)

That's all I can think of now...

-Matt

Sep 10, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I hope I'm not over doing it:

• A normal deck of cards, no jokers.

• Wallet with coins and bills, gimmicked and the spendable kind (my wallet may have a few cards in it too >.> )

• Loops on both wrists

• Pk ring on right hand

• An analog watch (it t magical? Who knows!)

• Some bees wax in a small plastic bag with a small spool of kevlar thread.

• A stack of micro neodymium magnets

• And a black bic pen (Which might have some magnets in the end...)

Sep 9, 2007
deck
sharpie
pk ring
four and a half pennies.
a small sliver of soap
a lighter that doesn't work, but gives an electric shock <----best 3 bucks I've ever spent.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results