What do you do outside of magic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnthonyL, Apr 8, 2013.

1. - Music
    - Reading
    - Soccer
    - Astrophysics/Astronomy
    - Adventure Games
    - Sculpting
    - Wine, Beer, Eating and Cooking

2. Cool to see you on here. I have a photo with Felicia Day making the weirdest, dumb face, ever.

http://twitter.yfrog.com/h2hm0uhwj

On the side I nerd out with my girlfriend
    Work at a drug and alcohol inpatient rehab full-time, I get to do magic for addicted teens and adults.
    I like to write short stories.
    Play board games
    Play Guild Wars 2
    I'm such a simple man, for the majority of the time I research and perform magic. I just got business cards done so more gigs to come soon.

3. I'll play.

Outside of magic (and work at theory11) I am an aspiring chef. I nerd out over a new bottle of fancy olive oil more often than you might think. I go a long way out of my way to try new and exciting foods.

Back before life pulled me away from all my fun outdoor activities, I used to be a huge outdoors guy. I have spent well over a year camping. I have trekked more than 3000 miles in a canoe. Used to be really big into kayaking and especially sailing.

I am also a playing card fanatic. It is somewhat connected to magic, but I am always impulsively buying playing cards just because I don't have them in my collection. I haven't counted in a while, but I think I am at the 450 deck mark plus or minus 20 decks. I don't collect just for the sake of letting the cards sit there. I open and enjoy even my most expensive decks. Cards are meant to be enjoyed.

Who is next?

// L

4. Haha, I love it! Find me if we're ever at a con at the same time, I'm always down to jam!

Best,
    Vince

5. Hello. This would be my 1st post on T11 forum.

Outside of magic, I usually read books. Tons of them. Fiction, biography, even politics.
    I am basically an engineering student, so I do lots of study and research and the other blahs.
    I am a musician too, usually on guitar and vocal.

but I spend most of my time getting my head on magic. So yeah, there's a piece of my life.

-LYE

6. Sounds great. I have been going to Emerald City Comic-Con in Seattle for the past 3 years. I'll hit you up if you are around the area during the con.