What do you do...?

Jan 16, 2011
Hello all!!

Recently I've been performing for friends and family, but I noticed something strange when I did my card magic. A tremor in my hands would be triggered, and I couldn't handle the cards for a couple of minutes. I discovered that I have a minor tremor.....

So, what do you do before you start doing card magic so you can be relaxed and calm?

Please reply!!

-Harry Potter

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Breathe and slow down, you are nervous it is perfectly natural I would recommend taking a few deep breaths between stages of the effect. Time and repetition will help rid you of the nerves.

Jun 1, 2009
Time, practicing, and more performing seems to be the main remedy for this. There are also plenty of threads on this with solid advice. I would recommend checking them out. Best of luck!

Jacob

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
I had a similar problem ... i tried everything like Practicing the effect thousands of times (although i was decent at it already), taking deep breaths, relaxing etc ...

But i found the remedy to the problem .... perform, the more i performed, the less my hands would be shaking and it got to a point where it eventually stopped ...

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Performing is going to be the best solution. The more you perform, the more confident you become, and the less nervous you get. Another thing that I have found temporarily helps is if you run warm water on your wrists right before you perform.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results