What is your favorite trick(s)?

Jun 19, 2008
brown box
i like the tricks on dangerous, all of my triumphs, and the biddle trick. for a gimmicked trick, i like tthe blood deck mixed with the invisible deck.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Sybil the Trick
The recent addition would be a variation on Chris Kenner's 3, 2, Gone (with a dramatically different performance, I imagine.)
Why is Chris Kenner such a genius?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I really like criterion by chad nelson, the plot I use for it gets awesome reactions....

Also "the man from new york" is one of my all time favourites...

I admire you MR.Terry Lagerould jajajaja

Nov 26, 2008
Favorite Tricks

Well my favorite tricks are(gimmicks included):
.Tagged by Richard Sanders
.Extreme Burn by Richard Sanders
.Picture This by Richard Sanders
.Alpha Card by Richard Sanders
.Queens by dan and dave
.Subway by dan and dave
.Biddle tricks
.And any sandwich tricks

Jan 6, 2009
In my routine I'll start of with a simple, but to a layman, amazing trick that I think is called "Trick Switch" with the purpose to lower their expectations of me as a magician but the ending of that trick makes it go trough the roof and I like that psychological rollercoaster.

Then, if I'm just doing a quick routine, I'll move on to "Indecent" and to further top it off I''ll say: "The card didn't just do an impression (sounds better in Swedish siens there is no real translation to English) on the bag but it also made an impression on me"
and I'll do the Stigmata-climax.

RepMake-routine that includes my favorite tricks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
favourites

I prefer simplier tricks and to build up with presentation

here are my three

1) the classic 4 ace two colour transposition

2) Dreamcatcher ( thought of card disappearence to card box/impossible location)

3) WOW even though it has a few bugs its so visual!

Matt

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I wouldn't perform it for romantic purposes per se - not if I was wooing someone... I mean it may have been a childhood sweetheart but the last thing a prospective girlfriend wants to know about is someone you used to like... If there's enough interest I'd just perform it as something that goes a bit deeper about the type of person I am, and it reinforces how I treat magic, you know, it's a beautiful thing. It's only suitable in certain situations though - only when an audience is really into your magic and wants to know more - certainly no street performances, more kinda quiet small group or just one person performances, it's a nice quiet routine :)

I wouldn't perform it for romantic purposes per se - not if I was wooing someone... I mean it may have been a childhood sweetheart but the last thing a prospective girlfriend wants to know about is someone you used to like... If there's enough interest I'd just perform it as something that goes a bit deeper about the type of person I am, and it reinforces how I treat magic, you know, it's a beautiful thing. It's only suitable in certain situations though - only when an audience is really into your magic and wants to know more - certainly no street performances, more kinda quiet small group or just one person performances, it's a nice quiet routine :)

Ahhh, yes I see what you mean. That is of course if you use the original patter

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yeah, exactly. I don't copy it exactly but I do quite like that theme of producing a rose for a sweetheart. I generally find my table routines and many mentalism effects which cannot be performed on the street far more interesting than "street magic" anyway, so yeah. Good times ^^

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It's a Derren Brown effect - you explain how you got into magic, performing a rose production for a childhood sweetheart which completely fails with petals falling everywhere. Having explained that, a card is chosen and lost. The deck then vanishes, leaving behind one card - but not the chosen card. The magician then plucks a stream of cards from the air, but none of them are the chosen card, until he finally thinks he has it right. The card is revealed to be the chosen card - and then is transformed into a bunch of rose petals, in a moment of nostalgia.

Lovely construction, I love the plot, the premise, the impact, and the structure of the routine, even the sleights are just beautiful.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
zamiel's rose seems more "right" (if that makes any sense) if you perform David Stone's Hermes first (with sleeves rolled up). then a card trick and finally Zamiel's Rose . Although i have slightly modified the patter to suit me does have the same impact. It is by far my most favourite routine to perform .

p.s::I also like and use a lot d+M stuff (like 180 , prophesy,and more practical tricks like re-sandwich and of course BURN effects)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Ah, I do love Hermes. I could imagine setting this up for a nice short performance for a girlfriend or something... (Tumble, if you read this: I did say I wouldn't perform it to a prospective girlfriend, but an established one is another thing so she wouldn't mind :p) A candlelit table somewhere..

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
Ah, I do love Hermes. I could imagine setting this up for a nice short performance for a girlfriend or something... (Tumble, if you read this: I did say I wouldn't perform it to a prospective girlfriend, but an established one is another thing so she wouldn't mind :p) A candlelit table somewhere..

thats exactly what i did. lol my girlfriend loved it ............ and i think it would work to a prospective girlfriend if u slightly modified the patter

I really like the biddle because of its simplicity and how hard it hits the spectatotr when done correctly since it happens in their hands. Second would be simple triumph, and regular triumph depending on of there's a table. Stigmata and angle zero as well work for me. usually in succesion, but in particular order yet.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results