What is your reputation maker?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antonio Diavolo, Jul 11, 2018.

1. WOW, good question. I would have to say it's a 3-way tie: (1) Signed Card to Ceiling; (2) One Cup Routine with three lemon final load production; (3) A Magic Square Routine (I get the "thought of" number using a p _ _ k wallet.)

Antonio Diavolo and Gabriel Z. like this.
  2. I have an original routine with a poker chip that gets the strongest reaction of anything I do.

I have a series of mental feats I can do, that I get asked to do at parties. A few anagrams and math things.

Gabriel Z. and Antonio Diavolo like this.
  3. levitating a card seems to be the one that people will ask to see the most.

Antonio Diavolo likes this.
  4. Shouldn’t every piece you perform be a reputation maker?

Here are mine (mostly my names of the effects because their presentation is personalized):

Uncle Jim’s Legacy
    Fan Mail
    End of the Day
    Margarite’s Wishes
    Resolutions

Josh Burch and Gabriel Z. like this.
  5. I would argue that every piece should have the potential to be a reputation maker.

RealityOne likes this.
  6. I think most of us do try to make our tricks and routines as memorable as possible but for some reason, specific tricks seem to outshine the others in the mind of the spectators.
    In reference to one of my previous posts about tricks you hate doing that your audience loves, I've heard stories of great magicians (so this probably isn't an issue of presentation) who no matter what they do, the one trick their audience seems to remember is their spongeball routine.

Josh Burch likes this.