What should I start learning?

Discussion in 'Cardistry & Flourishing Forum' started by Katastrik, Nov 10, 2007.

1. I am really new to flourishes but I have been doing magic for almost a year. And I was just wondering what should I start learning next, because I have already went through the Extreme Beginnerz. I am just wanting to know what should I watch next because I have The Trilogy, The System, and Cradle To The Grave.

Thanks

2. You should get the encyclopedia of playing card flourishes and the companion DVDs from www.flourishman.com

3. It depends on what sort of things you like. If you like the material you learned from Xtreme Beginnerz, then go for the Encyclopedia next, but if you like the Dan and Dave style moves, you can try The System.

For the sake of getting a broad knowledge of manipulation, I would recommend getting and studying the Encyclopedia next. But it's up to you. :)

-Vince

4. I would check out this thread, it's got great advice in it.

5. And don't forget about the Jeff Mcbride series. Though I would only suggest the first one of the 3 set series if your new.

6. Thats up to you. Try the system and the trilogy.

7. #7 Jack The Magician, Nov 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2007
    I believe that he already has the Trilogy and System.

I would recommend the Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes, as trashmanf did, which is available at http://www.flourishman.com/. It's a bit expensive and you have to read it, but it is portable. :)

Further, as stated above, be sure to check this thread -- http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=1803#1 -- which has useful and pertinent information.

Cheers,
    JTM

8. Alright then I guess I will practice Genesis and Kryptonite from the system until christmas and then i will buy the Encyclopedia.

Thanks.

9. Just for the info. Kryptonite is a (female dog) on learning...