What's the Point of SUBMIT A TRICK?

Mar 13, 2009
Hey, I was just wondering what the point of submitting a trick was?
I mean, the only tricks and 1on1's available are from already established magicians (please correct me if I'm wrong), so what's the point in us "lay-magicians" submitting a trick, when past experience shows that they will only turn us down?

Sorry if i offend anyone, I'm just kinda curious...

Cheers :)

Apr 15, 2009
I've seen them putting a trick on the 1-on-1 section which most of the magicians could figure it out.
I wanna put a trick I've not created on the site. Well, I created it but it's not my idea. I am allowed to do that?
I repeat, it's my own method, diffrent sleights, but not my idea.
If then, it's my own trick? And if they accept, I'll be the one which is going to teach the community the effect?

Jan 13, 2008
If anything, they'd probably have one of the artists teach it. Kind of like how Daniel Garcia taught Kaos (which is NOT his effect, like some apparently believe). :)

Jul 8, 2008
Why don't you work on it, perform it for a few years, get a good feel about it, make it better, and then re-consider sending it in. And it doesn't matter is magicians could figure it out. Most of the stuff is made for laymen to NOT figure it out. Btw, nobody knew who Andrei Jikh was haha

Sep 4, 2007
Personally I would like to see a trick or a 1 On 1 that is created by somebody else than an artist here...I mean I haven´t seen anything here like that, and I really think that there´s been a lot of submisions by now

Well technically, Eric Jones is not an artist here.

I wouldn't mind seeing some 1-on-1s from members here, but seeing as that's not gonna happen, why not make your own? If heaps of people make their own 1-on-1s you could give them out to the community for free, or trade for someone else's. The possibilities are endless

May 31, 2008
I wouldn't mind seeing some 1-on-1s from members here, but seeing as that's not gonna happen, why not make your own? If heaps of people make their own 1-on-1s you could give them out to the community for free, or trade for someone else's. The possibilities are endless

That's actually a good idea, I should go make some of stuff I've created haha. (Stuff I don't use that other people might like) Well, probably not.

Jan 13, 2008
Gotta catch 'em all? ;)

People could definitely release their own, though. It's not a terribly difficult process to get a decent (dare I say it, professional looking) website up and running, from which they could sell downloads (be it 1-on-1 style videos, or pdfs, or whatever). It just takes some effort! :)

May 31, 2008
Gotta catch 'em all? ;)

People could definitely release their own, though. It's not a terribly difficult process to get a decent (dare I say it, professional looking) website up and running, from which they could sell downloads (be it 1-on-1 style videos, or pdfs, or whatever). It just takes some effort! :)

and Final Cut Pro, and a High Definition Camera.

Jan 13, 2008
and Final Cut Pro, and a High Definition Camera.
Details, details. :rolleyes: ;)

Naw, but for anyone who's serious about it, there are ways to get your stuff out there. Your own website is a start (with a link in your signature, of course). And if you can't afford (and don't have the abilities to use) FCP, an HD camera, sound equipment, etc., there are other options--again, if you put a little effort into looking.

If you have a local college in your area (or don't mind traveling to one) that has a modern visual arts program, then there's a wealth of students there that you could tap into, as I'm sure they'd love to get some experience, and you'd likely get a very cheap rate (seeing as they're students, not full on professionals yet), if they charge you at all.

Or, if a local high school has a good modern visual arts program (some do, some don't; the one high school I went to had a focus on automotive tech and computers, not visual arts), then you may be able to get a teacher or student(s) there to help you out. My brother lives in a small town, and he got the teacher for a visual arts program (at their one high school, out of two in the whole town) to help him out with filming a close-up portion of the show and projecting it onto a big screen (seeing as my brother doesn't have the equipment to do that--he owns a restaurant, not a film company, heh), as well as the sound that accompanied the routine (it was a patterless routine). It turned out really well, thanks to the teacher. As a bonus, he got the organizers of the event he was performing for to cover the costs of the teacher, since he didn't charge too much.

So, there are numerous options out there, depending on how much effort you put into looking. Some cost effective, some not. But, the options are out there, if you dig a little and use a little bit of creative thought. :)

No.....No...... Just please no....

-Doug
Don't worry, I can't see anyone actually putting the time and effort into putting anything out there. :p

Jan 19, 2008
I think it would be cool. Every Friday a new 1on1 would be released by an artist AND a member (of corse it would be chosen and have to meet up to standards...If tere are none that week, so be it).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results