What's With the "Kewl" Titles?

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Flow follows alot of your modern magic rules, but is still beautiful. Technically it's an old effect with a modern method, but aren't alot of these effects?

I would still say Flow relies too much on shock to be beautiful. The reactions are WTFZOMG!!!!!! reactions, not reactions of pure, true amazement. Watch this video, then rewatch the video of Flow. Flow fools me, the method is definitely well concealed and I have no idea how it's done, but next to that, there's no magic. And yet, the video I linked you to has no visuality at all, no sudden surprise that makes you wonder if you just saw it. It's just pure magic.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Don't be. Offending people is how you make them think.

You're wrong. You're an ignorant fool and I hope you die. Grow up.
Thinking yet? :p

To be honest, you're right there. But it seemed like the polite thing to say, and I am a lovely little chap with terribly good manners. And anyway, it saves making future posts clearing things up when people demand for me to be burned at the stake.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
And anyway, it saves making future posts clearing things up when people demand for me to be burned at the stake.

I am not arguing with you, but...

If someone gets offended by a post, their personality dictates that a message saying you did not intend to offend will not prevent them from feeling how they do.

Other then that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

-ThrallMind

D

Deleted member 2755

No, that is how you make people that are full of themselves think.;) (Believe me... I've dealt with those types before.) Anyway.... is this really what counts as intelligent conversation on the forums nowadays? Its hard to believe the deepest topic right now on this site is.... about why trick names on T11 are generally one word. Why does it matter? Who really cares? Its the name of an effect. Live with it. You know, we actually have a legit thread going on about something that actually matters in magic on the Cerca Trova board. We moved it up for a reason. Post in it.;) Anyway, I'll leave the thread open for now, but in all honesty I think it should be closed. Let's keep the this thread argument free. What do you say?

-Doug

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
No, that is how you make people that are full of themselves think.;) (Believe me... I've dealt with those types before.) Anyway.... is this really what counts as intelligent conversation on the forums nowadays? Its hard to believe the deepest topic right now on this site is.... about why trick names on T11 are generally one word. Why does it matter? Who really cares? Its the name of an effect. Live with it. You know, we actually have a legit thread going on about something that actually matters in magic on the Cerca Trova board. We moved it up for a reason. Post in it.;) Anyway, I'll leave the thread open for now, but in all honesty I think it should be closed. Let's keep the this thread argument free. What do you say?

-Doug

Lol I know right?
There are more important or interesting things to talk about in magic and all people are discussing about is a cool one word title.

Also,I hope some magicians on here dont tell their spectators that their tricks actually have names.Im saying this because Ive seen it and read that some magicians on here have actually said that they've told their spectators the effect has a name.
Which is just an idiotic thing to say.

Jan 30, 2009
I would still say Flow relies too much on shock to be beautiful. The reactions are WTFZOMG!!!!!! reactions, not reactions of pure, true amazement. Watch this video, then rewatch the video of Flow. Flow fools me, the method is definitely well concealed and I have no idea how it's done, but next to that, there's no magic. And yet, the video I linked you to has no visuality at all, no sudden surprise that makes you wonder if you just saw it. It's just pure magic.

Differences in taste I guess. I am also a minimalist. I like that effect, but it seems long winded.

Sep 1, 2007

That's actually how one makes people think one is a dick.

If you were to say that people think more when they're outside their comfort zone, then I'd agree with you...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results