Working at theory11... best job ever?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Hahah, i just finished watching some of the outtakes and videos made by the original crew from theory11, and i was wondering..Is this the best job ever?

You guys always seem to have the most fun, it's all concentrated around a mutual hobby, and you each have different styles, so every day is different...
from what i hear it sounds like paradise for magicians.:D

Do you have extra jobs or anything? what do you think about it? do you all just come in in the morning and sit around that bar/60's cafe living room we always see in the background for the videos, and create magic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2008
Norway
yeah

yes i know that, i just wanted to know how it would be like to work there...and how it is for all of you(artists)

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hahah, i just finished watching some of the outtakes and videos made by the original crew from theory11, and i was wondering..Is this the best job ever?

You guys always seem to have the most fun, it's all concentrated around a mutual hobby, and you each have different styles, so every day is different...
from what i hear it sounds like paradise for magicians.:D

Is the pay good? Do you have extra jobs or anything? what do you think about it? do you all just come in in the morning and sit around that bar/60's cafe living room we always see in the background for the videos, and create magic?

I think they're, like, professional magicians or something like that... I saw them with a deck of cards doing magic tricks once so I just assumed.

First thing's first, don't ask how much they get paid. That's just rude. I understand that you're curious but still... Second, my guess is that they also do private gigs outside of Theory11. I know that Wayne and Joel do so I don't see why the others don't.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
It's good working in the industry, even more so I imagine working in one of the most influential, cutting edge businesses in magic..

However, there's still an awful lot of business related jobs that need doing every day, look at finance, administration, customer service issues, co-ordinating jobs, sitting for hundreds of hours each month in front of a computer screen editing video's, etc.

It'll be a great place to work, but it's still a business and needs to be run that way :)

D.

Sep 1, 2007
'A bad day in magic is better than a good day in the office"

- Aaron Fisher

Really true, once you got it down.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Joel works at California Magic (www.calmagic.com), so I know creating stuff for theory11 isn't his only "source of income". I also know that at least Lee and Aaron do lectures all over the world, so they make money that way. I can't tell you about the others.

Personally, I wouldn't want to work at theory11. It would be awesome, but I would rather be a pro magician, traveling the world, entertaining people. Although it would be cool to have an "Access Pass" to the theory11 "HQ" and hang out with them. But I'd rather complete my goal as a magician- entertain people all over the world.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
What's it like working at theory11? Hmm... Well, I can tell you it's almost as awesome as Polly Pocket at McDonald's.

I was always told to find something you love to do and run with it... and that's exactly what we've done here. How does it feel to work for theory11? In all honesty, it's the greatest feeling in the world. Sure, there are plenty of sleepless nights and countless hours we put into our productions, the site, and so forth-- but we do it because we love magic and this community. It's not "work". It's play.

Speaking from my stance, it's amazing to work side-by-side with the artists I look up to and have admired for years. Being on the set of a production like Dangerous is unreal. It's bad ass to be able to watch d+M perform for a live crowd... that you're actually a part of-- or to be taught Sinful for the first time by W:H himself.

When you get a group of people (some with accents) with like-minded interests, goals, dedication, and passion and stick them all in one room (or in this case somewhere on the planet Earth), big things happen. That's the essence of theory11.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
What's it like working at theory11? Hmm... Well I can tell you it's almost as awesome as Polly Pocket at McDonald's.

I was always told to find something you love to do and run with it... and that's exactly what we've done here. How does it feel to work for theory11? In all honesty, it's the greatest feeling in the world. Sure, there are plenty of sleepless nights and countless hours we put into our productions, the site, and so forth-- but we do it because we love magic and this community. It's not "work". It's play.

Speaking from my stance, it's amazing to work side-by-side with the artists you look up to and have admired for years. Being on the set of a production like Dangerous is unreal. It's bad ass to be able to watch d+M perform for a live crowd... that you're actually a part of-- or to be taught Sinful for the first time by W:H himself.

When you get a group of people (some with accents) with like-minded interests, goals, dedication, and passion and stick them all in one room (or in this case somewhere on the planet Earth), big things happen. That's the essence of theory11.

Sounds like the MOST Glorious place on earth.
Like a dream.
:D

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
haha

hahah polly pockets....this is exactly why theory11 is, for me, paradise. Instead of concentrating in getting as many products as possible and being the biggest online magic supplier, you guys concentrate in connecting with growing magiccians, and quality over quantity is always to show here:)

plus of course, unlike big name sites like panguinmagic or magicproshop, you guys are an "elite" group, who are always joking and really leave a lasting appeal on me.

thank you.
(you can understand why theory11 is such a great community)

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Working for theory11.

It absolutely SUCKS! I hate when you guys PM me when you are in Vegas wanting to hang out, I really don't like meeting new people. I have to host the SNCs and give away some of my stuff to the winners. Who likes to give their stuff away?

I hate being able to travel around and meet up with some of you guys at your local magic shops. Working with some of the top names in magic is really a drag, you never know who is going to pull a quarter out of your ear or make some paper flowers appear out of the unknown.

Planning T11 crew get togethers is never any fun, why would I want to hang out with some of the "coolest" guys on earth? You never know who is going to tickle you to death or try to beat you in a dance off.

I really do not like making new friends, unfortunately this job seems to be nothing but new people and being nice and having a good time.

(THANK GOODNESS ITS OPPOSITE DAY!)

As you can see, working for Theory11 is probably one of the best times of my life. You guys are awesome. I love the people I get to interact with on a daily basis and the new people I constantly meet are amazing.

Thats all for now.

Love,
Katie

Nov 30, 2007
Working for theory11.

It absolutely SUCKS! I hate when you guys PM me when you are in Vegas wanting to hang out, I really don't like meeting new people. I have to host the SNCs and give away some of my stuff to the winners. Who likes to give their stuff away?

I hate being able to travel around and meet up with some of you guys at your local magic shops. Working with some of the top names in magic is really a drag, you never know who is going to pull a quarter out of your ear or make some paper flowers appear out of the unknown.

Planning T11 crew get togethers is never any fun, why would I want to hang out with some of the "coolest" guys on earth? You never know who is going to tickle you to death or try to beat you in a dance off.

I really do not like making new friends, unfortunately this job seems to be nothing but new people and being nice and having a good time.

(THANK GOODNESS ITS OPPOSITE DAY!)

As you can see, working for Theory11 is probably one of the best times of my life. You guys are awesome. I love the people I get to interact with on a daily basis and the new people I constantly meet are amazing.

Thats all for now.

Love,
Katie

That doesn't sound cool at all (opposite day).

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
geez Katie, you got me there for a second! hahah although i must point out becuase its opposite day, you basically said

"i love to work in places where i dont meet new people and magicians never tickle you to death"...(is Wayne Houchin (wouchy) there:p)
haha this confirms my original suspicions. Theory11 is the coolest place on earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results