You cannot "lose" anything.

Jun 27, 2008
Sorry to bring this up guys, but I think, that the few of you who posts a comment on a video, such as, "Ive just lost 3:44 minutes of my life!", or, "*someone* just stole two minutes of my life!", should really just stop saying that.
With the imminent danger of sounding incredibly stupid, I just have to say, that you came into this world with NOTHING - so STOP complaining about "lost life time". You can only gain something out of life.

Sorry, but this has just been bugging me for quite a while, and honestly, I think that people who are complaining in such a way, are arrogant selfish persons that cannot think of other than themselves. People post videos because they want to say something, be it anything. Let them do it, and if you are going to post a comment on their video, then make sure that you have something constructive to tell, and if not - well, don't post!

I am sure I am not the only one feeling this way.

Sep 20, 2008
its meant to be humorous.

Though ive only said it like twice in my whole life (Unless a paedophile stalker dude can prove me otherwise) i dont find it that annoying at all.

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
I haven't seen a whole lot of comments like this, but I agree. If people don't like a video, rather than posting things like "this sucked" or " "Ive just lost 3:44 minutes of my life!", describe what could have made the video better.

Daz

Sep 1, 2007
Damn.

I've just wasted two minutes of my life reading this thread.

And another, replying to it.

And maybe a few in the future, reading the responses.

Damn, again.

A vicious, vicious circle I've just got myself into, sucking my life away. Thanks for that, Sim.

But, to be honest, I get what you're saying. It does indeed bug.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I agree, I believe any criticism should be constructive. Saying "Z0MG TH1S SUKKED I WANT MY LIFE BAK!!!!!!!!11!@1!!!!!!!!!!@1!!!!!!!!" isn't going to do anything and in all reality will only discourage people from posting videos. And that isn't what we want, is it boys and girls?

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Think about it this way:
When someone tells you they're going to kill you if you forget to bring something to their party because it's vital... does it really mean they will end your life for the sake of a failed party? I think not. These comments are not meant to be taken seriously... if you do take these comments seriously, I think it is you who is "wasting" your life...

Apr 15, 2008
I haven't seen a whole lot of comments like this, but I agree. If people don't like a video, rather than posting things like "this sucked" or " "Ive just lost 3:44 minutes of my life!", describe what could have made the video better.

Amen. And if they cant then they shouldn't be saying anything at all or saying something good about it.

Jun 27, 2008
Heh :) Nice one guys :p dumb as I am, I actually didn't see all the flaming coming up here :p but I see it would be a natural consequence of me posting this here :p - so okay.. hehe..

I believe that in a situation like this, the irony of such comments is very clear (and expected :p), but to people posting videos that does not contain this "don't say you waisted your life"-content, comments like these are just very mean.

I mean, it's just like bullying when saying stuff like, "it's supposed to be a fun comment, fun for the readers". I guess the ones of you that do write such comments wouldn't have done it, if the video wasn't bad in the first place, and that kind of proves my point. People getting bullied, have some form of handicap (we all have handicaps, but their's might be more obvious), and in many ways this resembles bad videos.
Bullying people is wrong and mean, but constructive criticism is the way to go!

And regarding the question of who just flamed my video, I don't think I can convince anyone in here that it was not my own video that got flamed, but just my general opinion being expressed.

SimSiggaard

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Actually guys, Sim has brought up a very important point.

The single main defence towards a reply of "You've wasted 3 minutes of my life!" is that it's not literal.

It's not literal.

Sorry. It's not literal... To whom, exactly?

It might not be literal to you. It doesn't mean it doesn't have an impact.

If I run at you, screaming "I'll kill you!" I might not literally mean I'll kill you. In fact, I'd probably just hit you, knock you around a bit, etc.

The fact that I didn't kill you here is irrelevant. I still beat you up. So really, the defence that "It wasn't meant to be literal" Whilst technically valid, ignores the fact that what we say, regardless of whether or not we mean it, can affect who we say it to. This is especially true of the internet, where such distinctions of sarcasm are often missed.

Just because we didn't mean it literally wasted 3 minutes of our life, doesn't mean it's a nice comment either. A post that says that a) Still offers no constructive criticism and b) Despite not being meant literally, can still be very very hurtful. After all, it may not literally have been so bad as to literally waste 3 minutes of your life. But you're still saying it's very very bad. So essentially, if you post this, you may as well just insult them anyway.

Think about what you're saying, and what it means to the other person, as well as yourself..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results