Magic - It Hurts?

Aug 1, 2008
i was jw if or what type of injurys u guys haved had performing practicing etc. me i have infected my eye doing thread and burnt my hand doin frozin

I've burned my mouth before eating fire. I've had minor abrasions from sticking my hand in animal traps. And the usual discomfort associated with swallowing swords and prepping belly ribbons.

Fortunatly I have never been injured badly or beyond my expectations during the practice or performance of my effects.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Minor burns while prcaticing a fire plate production. I spilt a bit of the fluid on my hand, and didn't notice that I hadn't gotten i all off.

Jan 18, 2009
Was doing Zap and it failed so the guy did the same thing but he was bigger.

Being honest the worst thing was probably with Liquid Metal and one of the forks I had bought was deformed and it had a small piece of metal sticking out you could barely see. Well when I did the move for corkscrew it cut open the meaty part below my thumb, so about a three inch long incision. It hurt pretty bad and it bled but it's all good now.

Flash paper getting stuck to my hand is a common enemy....

Also somehow screwing up SAW and then cleaning it with alcohol... you could say it stung.

Usual hand pains from sleights and small cuts from decks, nothing major.

However, some injuries I have heard of include,

Copperfield's stage hand and the big fan
Multiple magicians dying from both the bullet catch and buried alive
People suffering injuries from botched russian roulette routines
The infamous tiger attack

Really the injuries than can be sustained from magic, or any performing art for that matter, are innumerable. But if everyone was willing to take the bumps and bruises we wouldn't have an art form, would we?

C

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results