True Astonishments - Easter Eggs

Nov 8, 2007
I figured all of us TA owners here could post the Easter Eggs as we find them, and I'll update the thread as the Easter Eggs are contributed so everyone can benefit from one another's findings. This way, if someone wants to find the Easter Eggs on their own they can and just not look at this thread. And if anyone wants access to an Easter Egg they can't find, just isn't the Easter Egg hunting type, or just wants to remember where an Egg was, we have this index.

So take an Egg, leave an Egg!

Happy Hunting. :)

Disc 1
COMPLETE - All 5 Easter Eggs have been found.

Butchered Bunny Bill (apologies to Robert Neale)
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Twilight Angels. Put the cursor on "Squeaky Clean" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to the picture of the pant legs. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Butchered Bunny.

Son of Cellophane Surprise - Daniel Garcia
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for New Leaf. Put the cursor on "Phootnote" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to Paul Harris's signature in the lower right of the screen. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Son of Cellophane Surprise.

Jeff's Jump
This one is a little tricky. From the main menu go to "Index." Scroll to Disc 1 and put your cursor to "back" on the bottom of the screen and click your up arrow on your remote. The wizard behind the mushroom will light up in the center of the screen. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Jeff's Jump.

Paul Harris Interview #1
During the Phootnote for The Big Tiny, at the 0:11 mark, an image pops up of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Paul Harris Interview #1.

Blaine Interview #1
During the Performance for New Leaf, at the 0:04 mark during the titles, an image pops up of a wizard behind a mushroom in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Blaine Interview #1.

Disc 2
COMPLETE - All 4 Easter Eggs have been found.

Bizarre Twist - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
During the Phootnote for Cheng's Riser, an image pops up in the lower right corner of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Bizarre Twist. There's also a performance of Instant Replay.

Immaculate Breakthrough - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Tubular. Put the cursor on "Phootnote" and click your right arrow on your remote. The picture of the witch will light up yellow. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Overkill.

Conjunction – Rhadha Thombre Explanation
During the Explanation for SS2, an image pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Conjunction.

Chuck Martinez Interview
During the Explanation for Growing Card (Robert's Growing Tips), the image of the wizard behind the mushroom pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to the Chuck Martinez Interview.

Disc 3

Looy's N.I.T.E. Story
During the performance section of Cassanova Inc., when it shows Steve standing in front of the bead store, an image of a wizard behind a mushroom pops up. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your DVD remote and it will take you to the Looy interview.

Overkill - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Pack of Lies. Put the cursor on "Explanation" and click your right arrow on your remote. The picture of the witch will light up yellow. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Overkill.

Eric Mead Interview #1
During the Phootnote of Halfmoon Voodoo, an image of a wizard behind a mushroom pops up. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your DVD remote and it will take you to the Eric Mead Interview #1.

Classic Napkin Rose - Taught by Chris Randall
From the main menu go to "Index." Scroll to Disc 3 and click your right arrow on your remote. The wizard behind the mushroom will light up in the center of the screen. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Classic Napkin Rose.

Card Mucking 1 - Jason England Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Cassanova Inc. Click your up arrow on your remote. The image of the wizard hiding behind the mushroom will appear above. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Card Mucking 1.

SCROLL DOWN FOR DISCS 4-9
Note: a complete list of all the secret cookies, in order, can also found on the top of page 6 of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 11, 2007
Thank you for posting these. Mine arrives today. Can you keep posting these as you find them? I would seriously appreciate the help.

Nov 8, 2007
Thank you for posting these. Mine arrives today. Can you keep posting these as you find them? I would seriously appreciate the help.
I'll post all I find, and hopefully others will contribute their findings as well so we can all benefit from each other's finds. I found Orange last night but it was late and I forgot where it was. It wasn't a hard find though.

Does pressing "select","enter", and "the arrows" work the same way if i were to watch this on my computer?
I'd imagine it would work the same way, but I'm unsure as I'm watching it on a TV/DVD player. Should work the same though.

Here's Discs 4-6:

Disc 4

Osmosis by Sylvain Mirouf
From the main page put the cursor on "Lubor's Lense" and click the right arrow of your remote. The image of the mushroom will light up. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Osmosis by Sylvain Mirouf. Performance by Alexander Slemmer.

Unshuffling Rebecca - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Name Dropper. Put the cursor on "Phootnote" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to the picture of the man handgliding. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Unshuffling Rebecca.

Eric Mead Interview #2
When Disc 4 is inserted it will automatically play the introduction/trailer that precedes every disc. At the 4:05 mark, the wizard behind the mushroom appears. Clicking the "Enter" or "Select" o your remote and it will take you to Eric Mead Interview #2.

Paul Harris Interview #2
During the Phootnote for Naked Strange, an image pops up in the lower right corner of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Paul Harris Interview #2.

Shuffling Lesson by Chad Long - Performance and Explanation by Wayne Houchin
During the explanation of Lubor's Lense (with a straw) an image pops up in the lower right corner of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Shuffling Lesson.

Shuffling Lesson by Chad Long - Performance and Explanation by Jeff McBride
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Stapled Warm. Put the cursor on "Return" and click your up arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear above the "Stapled Warp" text. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Shuffling Lesson.

Disc 5
COMPLETE - ALL 5 Easter Eggs have been found.

Tap Dancing Aces - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
From the main page put the cursor on Trancedental Bar Bet and click the up arrow on your remote. The mushroom will light up. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Tap Dancing Aces.

Bizarre Ad Shrink - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Extraordinary Proof. Put the cursor on "Explanation" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to the picture of the cards. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Bizarre Ad Shrink.

Fizzmaster - Wayne Houchin Performance and Explanation
During the Phootnote for Reswindled, an image pops up in the lower right corner of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Fizzmaster.

The Burger/McBride Interview
During the Explanation for Tensegrity, at the point where Patrick is talking about the handcrafted pencil, an image pops up in the lower right corner of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to The Burger/McBride Interview.

Gerard Interview
During the Explanation for Extraordinary Proof, an image pops up in the lower right corner of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to the Gerard Interview.

Disc 6

Immaculate Connection - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Smoking I. Put the cursor on "Explanation" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear in blue in the picture of the man, in his hand. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Son of Immaculate Connection (and Paul Harris picking and eating berries).

Blaine Interview #2
Click on the performance for Ripped and Fryed. At the end of the performance an image of a wizard behind a mushroom appears in the lower right of the screen. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Blaine Interview #2.

Orange - Taught by Joan Dukore
From the main page put the cursor on Cellmates and click the right arrow on your remote. The image of the wizard hiding behind the mushroom will appear. Click it and it will take you to Orange.

Jachques Olet and Kylie Layton Interview
From the main page put the cursor on Cellmates and click the right arrow on your remote. The image of the wizard hiding behind the mushroom will appear. Click the up button and a new wizard will appear a little above and to the left of the "Orange" wizard. This is a travel interview with Jacques Olet and Kylie Layton--two 18 year olds who walked across America to meet Paul.

Ammar Interview #1
Towards the end of the explanation for "Weirdling" an image of a wizard behind a mushroom appears on the bottom, righthand corner. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Ammar Interview #1.

Nov 8, 2007
Disc 7
COMPLETE - All 4 Easter Eggs have been found.

Eric Mead Interview #3
During the Phootnote for Invisible Palm Aces, an image pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Eric Mead Interview #3.

Flap Jacks - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Invisible Palm Aces. Put the cursor on "Performance" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to the mans head. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Flap Jacks.

Zen and the Art of Boomerang - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Dunn's Deal. Put the cursor on "Performance" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to the picture of the man's head. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Zen and the Art of Boomerang.

Mac King Interview
During the Phootnote for Dunn's Deal, the image of the wizard behind the mushroom pops up. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Mac King Interview.

Disc 8

Ultimate Ripoff - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
During the Phootnote for Belly Button, toward the end of the interview, an image pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Ultimate Ripoff.

Flash Fold - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Click on SOS (Son of Stunner). This will bring you to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page. Put the cursor on "Performance" then click the right arrow on your DVD remote. This will highlight a purple-tinted mushroom in the picture of the girl. Click it and watch and enjoy PH's Flash Fold.

Paper Propeller - John Bodine Performance and Explanation
Go to the index and scroll down to disc 8. Click the right arrow on your remote until the upside down TA logo (PH) is highlighted. Click enter and it will take you to Paper Propeller.

Ammar Interview #2
During the explanation section of Unstable Label, toward the end of the explanation, an image of a wizard behind a mushroom pops up. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your DVD remote and it will take you to Ammar Interview #2.

PH Reel Magic Interview
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Unstable Label. Put the cursor on "Phootnotes" and click your right arrow on your remote. The wizard behind the mushroom will appear. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to PH Reel Magic Interview.

Disc 9
COMPLETE - ALL 4 Easter Eggs have been found.

The Shape of Astonishment - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the TA Pen page. Put the cursor on "One Bill Wonders" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to the picture of the bird on stilts. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to The Shape of Astonishment.

Ammar Interview #3
After the trailer/intro, but before the main splash page for disc 9 comes up, there is a short animation in which the PH sign turn upside down to become the TA sign. As it is doing this press "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Ammar Interview #3.

Paul Harris Interview #3
Click on Angel Cake. This will bring you to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page. During the Phootnote for Angel Cake, toward the end of the interview, an image of a wizard behind a mushroom pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to an interview with Paul Harris at the LVM convention.

Blaine Interview #3
During the Performance section for Short Term Memory, toward the end, an image pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Blaine Interview #3.

Closing PH Interview
Move the cursor to Angel Cake.
Press the Down Arrow on the remote (a dot will appear under the "T" in Introducing The Placebo Effect)
Press the Right Arrow (a dot will appear under the "h")
Press the Right Arrow two more times (the dot will appear under the "e" and the "P")
Press the Up arrow (the "P" will be highlighted)
Press the Left arrow (the "h" will be highlighted)
Press the "Enter" on your remote. (The "TA" logo will rotate upside down and a new menu will appear with a selection "Closing PH Interview")

Nov 8, 2007
Oh that's awesome dude, nice work. I'll be sure to chime in when mine arrives.

That would be awesome. So far I've found 19 on my own. I'm hoping as everyone gets their set they'll add to the list so we can all benefit from each other and have a master list of all the Easter Eggs.

Sep 1, 2007
New York
Are the AOA tricks included as Easter Eggs clips from the old "Stars of Magic" tapes, or are they new performances? (Obviously Wayne Houchin's is new, but what about the others?)

Nov 8, 2007
Are the AOA tricks included as Easter Eggs clips from the old "Stars of Magic" tapes, or are they new performances? (Obviously Wayne Houchin's is new, but what about the others?)

All the EE that say "Paul Harris Performance and Explanation" are taken from Stars of Magic or The Art of Astonishment DVD. Great stuff. Interesting to see how much PH has changed too. In one of the video he says he's 28 years old. Kind of strange--I always think of PH as this ageless guy. Anyhow, yeah, lots of old but good footage included.

The Wayne Houchin performance and explanation of Fizzmaster is one of my favorite finds so far. The performance is taken from Wayne's live show, Sideshow, and seems to be shot around the same time as the live performance for Thread was filmed. After that Wayne teaches the effect and offers several tips and ideas. It's probably the longest of the EE I've found so far. PH gives some commentary on Fizzmaster before Wayne takes over. Very cool.

Also, just found and posted 4 more EE on Discs 2 and 7, and added how many out of how many EE for each disc have been found and are remaining.

As of now there are still 20 more remaining.

D

Deleted member 2755

Awwww.... Why spoil the surprise of the easter eggs? :) They are fun and many of them are great effects that you wouldn't believe wasn't shown as a normal advertised effect. :) I'm saving the surprises. Its hard for me not to read the top post, but I'm not going to do it. I cannot wait for TA. It will be full of secrets and surprises! :D

-Doug

Nov 8, 2007
Awwww.... Why spoil the surprise of the easter eggs? :) They are fun and many of them are great effects that you wouldn't believe wasn't shown as a normal advertised effect. :) I'm saving the surprises. Its hard for me not to read the top post, but I'm not going to do it. I cannot wait for TA. It will be full of secrets and surprises! :D

-Doug

They don't have to be spoiled--all you have to do is not click and read the thread.

I enjoy looking for them too, and I think most people will as well, but eventually I think a lot of people are going to run out of places to look and just want access to the hidden material. That's what the thread is for. That, and also so that we all have an index of the Easter Eggs, so that once they're found you'll know where/how to access them again.

Happy searching! There's a lot of really cool stuff to find. I've only found 23 out of the total 43, so there's still 20 gems left to discover. :)

Nov 8, 2007
I just got my TA set today. I'll try to find the easter eggs myself, but I know where to go if I need to find a few other ones. Thank you !

That would be awesome. I found and posted the first 23 myself. I noticed this thread has had a lot of hits, but no one else has contributed any Eggs yet. Hopefully as more people receive their TA sets this next week we'll begin getting some contributions and can start benefitting from each other's finds.

Leave an Egg, take an Egg!

Happy hunting. :)

Dec 5, 2007
Has someone found the efffect that is in the trailer where it looks like someone deals a card and if flys back to the deck, not instant replay but the other one.

Nov 8, 2007
Has someone found the efffect that is in the trailer where it looks like someone deals a card and if flys back to the deck, not instant replay but the other one.
Nope.

So far I'm the only one who's posted what they've found.

Hopefully, though, as people start getting their TA sets and working through them over the next week, someone will find it.

Sep 11, 2007
Just got mine today. I found this easter egg

Jeff's Jump
Disc 1 on the index. when on the tab for disc one press your up arrow twice and that will show you the mushroom in the middle of the index.

Sep 11, 2007
Found this on disc 2

Conjunction – Rhadha Thombre Explanation
During the Explanation for SS2, an image pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to conjunction. There's also a performance of Instant Replay.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results