True Astonishments - Easter Eggs

Sep 11, 2007
During the explanation for Extraordinary Proof on Disc 5 an image pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to the Andrew Gerard Interview.

Fooling around with the "dots" (?) on the bottom of the ninth discs' menu, I was able to bring up a new menu with a PH interview. Cannot repro.

Ok, I got this one...

Disc 9
Closing PH Interview
Move cursor to Angel Cake
Press the Down Arrow on the remote (a dot will appear under the "T" in Introducing The Placebo Effect)
Press the Right Arrow (a dot will appear under the "h")
Press the Right Arrow two more times (the dot will appear under the "e" and the "P")
Press the Up arrow (the "P" will be highlighted)
Press the Left arrow (the "h" will be highlighted)
Press the "Enter" on your remote. ( The "TA" logo will rotate upside down and a new menu will appear with a selection "Closing PH Interview")

Nov 8, 2007
Nice work, Kolisar! You're the first one I know thats cracked the Closing PH Interview on disc 9.

Just updated the index. New finds on disc 5, 8, and 9 (thanks to kolisar and mindpirate).

Only 3 Easter Eggs remaining now.

1 on disc 3
1 on disc 4
1 on disc 8

EDIT: Just watched the closing interview on disc 9. It's probably the best thing on the whole DVD set. Very inspiring. Thanks again for posting the find, kolisar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 7, 2009
Ok, I got this one...

Disc 9
Closing PH Interview
Move cursor to Angel Cake
Press the Down Arrow on the remote (a dot will appear under the "T" in Introducing The Placebo Effect)
Press the Right Arrow two more times (the dot will appear under the "e" and the "P")
Press the "Enter" on your remote. ( The "TA" logo will rotate upside down and a new menu will appear with a selection "Closing PH Interview")

SWEET! Good work! I was pulling my hair out on this!

Nice work, Kolisar! You're the first one I know thats cracked the Closing PH Interview on disc 9.

Just updated the index. New finds on disc 5, 8, and 9 (thanks to kolisar and mindpirate).

Only 3 Easter Eggs remaining now.

1 on disc 3
1 on disc 4
1 on disc 8

EDIT: Just watched the closing interview on disc 9. It's probably the best thing on the whole DVD set. Very inspiring. Thanks again for posting the find, kolisar.

Actually Disc 3 is done, Fridoliina posted the following earlier
If you go to the page for cassanova inc on disc 3, and you go upp to the light that shines in the left corner it will take you to a video of Jason England teaching card mucking.

This set is crazy, its so much stuff in there, i did not expect to find a video of jason england in here, awsome.
(http://forums.theory11.com/showpost.php?p=189279&postcount=23)
So Fridoliina gets credit for not only completing Disc 3 but posting it in such a way that the post became an easter egg itself :)

Nov 8, 2007
The last Easter Egg for disc 8 has been posted (thanks to kissbpp in the TA forums).

Ammar Interview #2
During the explanation section of Unstable Label, toward the end of the explanation, an image of a wizard behind a mushroom pops up. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your DVD remote and it will take you to Ammar Interview #2.

Only one Egg remaining now--the Eric Mead Interview on disc 4.

Sep 1, 2007
The last Easter Egg for disc 8 has been posted (thanks to kissbpp in the TA forums).

Ammar Interview #2
During the explanation section of Unstable Label, toward the end of the explanation, an image of a wizard behind a mushroom pops up. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your DVD remote and it will take you to Ammar Interview #2.

Only one Egg remaining now--the Eric Mead Interview on disc 4.

Found it friends! I knew the tricky buggers would do this:

In disc 4, on the Trailer that shows up at the beginning of every disc (you know, the one you always skip). After the little girl says something, the magician behind the mushroom will show. Hit enter on your remote and you will be taken to a very good Eric Mead interview.

Have a glorious day.

Juan Martinez
The Magician's Magician's Pool Boy

Nov 8, 2007
Thanks to Gatioxxx and MasterMosse2 (Brad) for the last find on disc 4:

Eric Mead Interview #2
When Disc 4 is inserted it will automatically play the introduction/trailer that precedes every disc. At the 4:05 mark, the wizard behind the mushroom appears. Clicking the "Enter" or "Select" o your remote and it will take you to Eric Mead Interview #2.

The index is updated, but there seems to still be one Easter Egg left. Apparently there is Ammar Interview #3 somewhere on disc 9. Anybody find it yet?

Nov 8, 2007
Thanks to jdavet from the TA forums, the last and final cookie for disc 9 (as well as the entire TA set)--Ammar Interview #3 on Disc 9--has been found and posted. So that's a wrap! The index has been updated and is now complete. I'm reposting it here as well. So if you haven't already, grab your TA set and check out the cookies you missed. There's a lot of good stuff here. Thanks to everyone who contributed a cookie. Now, sit back with a glass of milk and enjoy! :)

Disc 1

Butchered Bunny Bill (apologies to Robert Neale)
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Twilight Angels. Put the cursor on "Squeaky Clean" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to the picture of the pant legs. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Butchered Bunny.

Son of Cellophane Surprise - Daniel Garcia
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for New Leaf. Put the cursor on "Phootnote" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to Paul Harris's signature in the lower right of the screen. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Son of Cellophane Surprise.

Jeff's Jump
This one is a little tricky. From the main menu go to "Index." Scroll to Disc 1 and put your cursor to "back" on the bottom of the screen and click your up arrow on your remote. The wizard behind the mushroom will light up in the center of the screen. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Jeff's Jump.

Paul Harris Interview #1
During the Phootnote for The Big Tiny, at the 0:11 mark, an image pops up of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Paul Harris Interview #1.

Blaine Interview #1
During the Performance for New Leaf, at the 0:04 mark during the titles, an image pops up of a wizard behind a mushroom in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Blaine Interview #1.

Disc 2

Bizarre Twist - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
During the Phootnote for Cheng's Riser, an image pops up in the lower right corner of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Bizarre Twist. There's also a performance of Instant Replay.

Immaculate Breakthrough - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Tubular. Put the cursor on "Phootnote" and click your right arrow on your remote. The picture of the witch will light up yellow. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Overkill.

Conjunction – Rhadha Thombre Explanation
During the Explanation for SS2, an image pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Conjunction.

Chuck Martinez Interview
During the Explanation for Growing Card (Robert's Growing Tips), the image of the wizard behind the mushroom pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to the Chuck Martinez Interview.

Disc 3

Looy's N.I.T.E. Story
During the performance section of Cassanova Inc., when it shows Steve standing in front of the bead store, an image of a wizard behind a mushroom pops up. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your DVD remote and it will take you to the Looy interview.

Overkill - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Pack of Lies. Put the cursor on "Explanation" and click your right arrow on your remote. The picture of the witch will light up yellow. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Overkill.

Eric Mead Interview #1
During the Phootnote of Halfmoon Voodoo, an image of a wizard behind a mushroom pops up. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your DVD remote and it will take you to the Eric Mead Interview #1.

Classic Napkin Rose - Taught by Chris Randall
From the main menu go to "Index." Scroll to Disc 3 and click your right arrow on your remote. The wizard behind the mushroom will light up in the center of the screen. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Classic Napkin Rose.

Card Mucking 1 - Jason England Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Cassanova Inc. Click your up arrow on your remote. The image of the wizard hiding behind the mushroom will appear above. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Card Mucking 1.

Nov 8, 2007
Disc 4

Osmosis by Sylvain Mirouf
From the main page put the cursor on "Lubor's Lense" and click the right arrow of your remote. The image of the mushroom will light up. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Osmosis by Sylvain Mirouf. Performance by Alexander Slemmer.

Unshuffling Rebecca - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Name Dropper. Put the cursor on "Phootnote" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to the picture of the man handgliding. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Unshuffling Rebecca.

Eric Mead Interview #2
When Disc 4 is inserted it will automatically play the introduction/trailer that precedes every disc. At the 4:05 mark, the wizard behind the mushroom appears. Clicking the "Enter" or "Select" o your remote and it will take you to Eric Mead Interview #2.

Paul Harris Interview #2
During the Phootnote for Naked Strange, an image pops up in the lower right corner of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Paul Harris Interview #2.

Shuffling Lesson by Chad Long - Performance and Explanation by Wayne Houchin
During the explanation of Lubor's Lense (with a straw) an image pops up in the lower right corner of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Shuffling Lesson.

Shuffling Lesson by Chad Long - Performance and Explanation by Jeff McBride
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Stapled Warm. Put the cursor on "Return" and click your up arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear above the "Stapled Warp" text. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Shuffling Lesson.

Disc 5

Tap Dancing Aces - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
From the main page put the cursor on Trancedental Bar Bet and click the up arrow on your remote. The mushroom will light up. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Tap Dancing Aces.

Bizarre Ad Shrink - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Extraordinary Proof. Put the cursor on "Explanation" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to the picture of the cards. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Bizarre Ad Shrink.

Fizzmaster - Wayne Houchin Performance and Explanation
During the Phootnote for Reswindled, an image pops up in the lower right corner of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Fizzmaster.

The Burger/McBride Interview
During the Explanation for Tensegrity, at the point where Patrick is talking about the handcrafted pencil, an image pops up in the lower right corner of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to The Burger/McBride Interview.

Gerard Interview
During the Explanation for Extraordinary Proof, an image pops up in the lower right corner of a wizard behind a mushroom. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to the Gerard Interview.

Disc 6

Immaculate Connection - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Smoking I. Put the cursor on "Explanation" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear in blue in the picture of the man, in his hand. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Son of Immaculate Connection (and Paul Harris picking and eating berries).

Blaine Interview #2
Click on the performance for Ripped and Fryed. At the end of the performance an image of a wizard behind a mushroom appears in the lower right of the screen. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Blaine Interview #2.

Orange - Taught by Joan Dukore
From the main page put the cursor on Cellmates and click the right arrow on your remote. The image of the wizard hiding behind the mushroom will appear. Click it and it will take you to Orange.

Jachques Olet and Kylie Layton Interview
From the main page put the cursor on Cellmates and click the right arrow on your remote. The image of the wizard hiding behind the mushroom will appear. Click the up button and a new wizard will appear a little above and to the left of the "Orange" wizard. This is a travel interview with Jacques Olet and Kylie Layton--two 18 year olds who walked across America to meet Paul.

Ammar Interview #1
Towards the end of the explanation for "Weirdling" an image of a wizard behind a mushroom appears on the bottom, righthand corner. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Ammar Interview #1.

Nov 8, 2007
Disc 7

Eric Mead Interview #3
During the Phootnote for Invisible Palm Aces, an image pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Eric Mead Interview #3.

Flap Jacks - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Invisible Palm Aces. Put the cursor on "Performance" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to the mans head. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Flap Jacks.

Zen and the Art of Boomerang - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Dunn's Deal. Put the cursor on "Performance" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to the picture of the man's head. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Zen and the Art of Boomerang.

Mac King Interview
During the Phootnote for Dunn's Deal, the image of the wizard behind the mushroom pops up. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Mac King Interview.

Disc 8

Ultimate Ripoff - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
During the Phootnote for Belly Button, toward the end of the interview, an image pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Ultimate Ripoff.

Flash Fold - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Click on SOS (Son of Stunner). This will bring you to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page. Put the cursor on "Performance" then click the right arrow on your DVD remote. This will highlight a purple-tinted mushroom in the picture of the girl. Click it and watch and enjoy PH's Flash Fold.

Paper Propeller - John Bodine Performance and Explanation
Go to the index and scroll down to disc 8. Click the right arrow on your remote until the upside down TA logo (PH) is highlighted. Click enter and it will take you to Paper Propeller.

Ammar Interview #2

PH Reel Magic Interview
Go to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page for Unstable Label. Put the cursor on "Phootnotes" and click your right arrow on your remote. The wizard behind the mushroom will appear. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to PH Reel Magic Interview.

Disc 9

The Shape of Astonishment - Paul Harris Performance and Explanation
Go to the TA Pen page. Put the cursor on "One Bill Wonders" and click your right arrow on your remote. The mushroom will appear next to the picture of the bird on stilts. Click "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to The Shape of Astonishment.

Ammar Interview #3
After the trailer/intro, but before the main splash page for disc 9 comes up, there is a short animation in which the PH sign turn upside down to become the TA sign. As it is doing this press "Enter" or "Select" on your remote and it will take you to Ammar Interview #3.

Paul Harris Interview #3
Click on Angel Cake. This will bring you to the Performance/Explanation/Phootnote page. During the Phootnote for Angel Cake, toward the end of the interview, an image of a wizard behind a mushroom pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to an interview with Paul Harris at the LVM convention.

Blaine Interview #3
During the Performance section for Short Term Memory, toward the end, an image pops up in the lower right corner. If you click "Select" or "Enter" on your DVD remote it takes you to Blaine Interview #3.

Closing PH Interview
Move the cursor to Angel Cake.
Press the "Enter" on your remote. (The "TA" logo will rotate upside down and a new menu will appear with a selection "Closing PH Interview")

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Instead of pressing enter, left click. Occasionally you'll also need to right click or use the arrow buttons. Any particular one?

Actually, my TA set is on the way right now, but I just wanted to know in advance... Sorry that I didn't make that clear... I will try that method, and if I have any problems, I will ask...

Thanx Praetoritevong

Feb 9, 2008
BUFFALO, NY
Need some help folks. Got my True Astonishments from my girlfriend from Valentines Day and just got done watching disc 1. Now I'm trying to access the easter eggs but having difficulty. I am watching from my computer but I can't seem to figure out what to press to go left or right. For example, for Daniel Garcia's "Cellophane" trick I went to the Twilight Angels page, clicked on "squeaky clean" but now I can't "go right". Can anyone test this out that has this and help me out? Thanx!

Need some help folks. Got my True Astonishments from my girlfriend from Valentines Day and just got done watching disc 1. Now I'm trying to access the easter eggs but having difficulty. I am watching from my computer but I can't seem to figure out what to press to go left or right. For example, for Daniel Garcia's "Cellophane" trick I went to the Twilight Angels page, clicked on "squeaky clean" but now I can't "go right". Can anyone test this out that has this and help me out? Thanx!

Actually, on the computer the many of the easter eggs are easier to access. It you know where the final location for the "press enter" is (where the mushroom appears in the menus in most cases) you can just click there with the mouse twice, the first time will make the mushroom appear (ant this is usually indicated by a yellow highlight that was not there in the previous menu), and the second time to actually trigger the easter egg to start.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results