The Main Event: A True "Astonishment"

Jan 13, 2008
I actually quite disappointed. I wrote out my long essay, clicked send, it didn't work, somehow I was logged out and needed to log in. lost it all. so yeah. best of luck to the rest of you.
That really does suck. :( I know the feeling...I've wrote out long posts (for an online class, where our contributions are graded) before, and had computer or internet problems that caused them to be lost. Not a fun experience. Ever since that class, I've always wrote out long answers in Word first (saving every step of the way, because I've lost Word documents before because of not saving, heh), to make sure I have a "backup" of my post. Just a suggestion for the future, since I know it sucks to lose a long post where a lot of effort went into writing it.

Well as much as I'd love to stay in this competition, I think I am going to have to drop out because, as I already said, I have to leave next Wednesday and I'm very busy in the mean time trying to plan the trip and all of that. Plus I have summer homework to do and I might be going to a party later so good luck to the rest of you. It was fun but I have to drop out. Thanks DoctorMagic for this opportunity!

I actually quite disappointed. I wrote out my long essay, clicked send, it didn't work, somehow I was logged out and needed to log in. lost it all. so yeah. best of luck to the rest of you.

I don't know what you're talking about...

I wrote mine out, then it asked me to log in again. I logged in, and it took my right back to the PM screen with everything I wrote still there.

Jan 13, 2008
I will announce the participants who have made it through tomorrow at 4:00 PM EST!

Be there to find out the final 5 contestants!
The suspense is gunna be killer! Haha. I can't wait to hear who's made it; this has been quite the fun contest thus far! :)

Apr 1, 2009
California
I don't know what you're talking about...

I wrote mine out, then it asked me to log in again. I logged in, and it took my right back to the PM screen with everything I wrote still there.

that's what happened to me, but then when I logged in again, everything was gone. so I guess we'll seeee if it got through but I doubt it. I would've written it again, but it was very long and I finished near 2am. Was gone all day today. and yeah. It's my fault though.

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
Well... after much time gone and minutes passed, I have come to my decision on the final 5 contestants. All of your essays were VERY well thought out and written, but I could only choose 5 of them.

The following members are STILL IN in the competition and this list is in no particular order:

jtmorris, cm763, Close-Up Expert, V. and DaveyG

Sorry to the following people, it was fun:

tally-ho, mayniac, AsherF, MagicianDM and magicman384

I will try to announce the next contest details sometime tonight, if not tomorrow.

Congrats to everybody!

Jan 13, 2008
Well... after much time gone and minutes passed, I have come to my decision on the final 5 contestants. All of your essays were VERY well thought out and written, but I could only choose 5 of them.

The following members are STILL IN in the competition and this list is in no particular order:

I will try to announce the next contest details sometime tonight, if not tomorrow.

Congrats to everybody!
Yay, thanks! And congrats to the others, as well. :)

May 31, 2008

Congrats to everybody!

YES!!! Once again, I appreciate what you're doing.

Jan 13, 2008
Just curious if there's going to be an update soon. I'm not in any rush, just inquiring. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results