Mentalism and Hypnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I Didn´t like it at all, the first part on "the mic fell" is ridiculous, then you write what they supposedly said and it was very lame.

you don´t know how to perform, your effects are very weak because you don´t present them well, the gestures with the hands...what am I supposed to think about that? just because you do 1-2 tricks that doesn´t make you a magician and the other episode where you suppose to be very strong is just...well not good.
please and I mean please stop posting this videos, because you have a long way to go before actually doing a video, it just make me laugh and some people here feel the same about it.

May 31, 2008
I Didn´t like it at all, the first part on "the mic fell" is ridiculous, then you write what they supposedly said and it was very lame.

you don´t know how to perform, your effects are very weak because you don´t present them well, the gestures with the hands...what am I supposed to think about that? just because you do 1-2 tricks that doesn´t make you a magician and the other episode where you suppose to be very strong is just...well not good.
please and I mean please stop posting this videos, because you have a long way to go before actually doing a video, it just make me laugh and some people here feel the same about it.

Maybe you should elaborate about what it is that makes him a bad performer. Just telling him he's bad doesn't tell him how to improve, and it makes you no better than his refusal to receive criticism.

Now don't tell me that I should give him criticism instead of whining about your post. Youtube is not working for me right now, but once it starts working I will watch and advise. (Though my advice is to be taken lightly since I've only been in magic for four years.)

Sep 1, 2007
Thoughts as they occur to me.

0:02 - O Fortuna? Seriously?
0:11 - What exactly is the destiny alluded to?
0:22 - Okay the music needs to ****ing stop. Now.
0:23 - ****, my ears! You seriously need to Audacity and do some audio mixing, dude.
0:34 - A pose that reeks of Criss Angel, pretentious artiste, and laptop commercial all at the same time somehow.
0:38 - Hissy whispering and Criss Angel hand gestures. Will to continue watching... draining...
0:45 - The old-timey, grainy film look and audio could work... I'm honestly a little ambivalent to this one. I would probably dress nicer when giving this exposition though.
0:55 - Stop looking around so much. If your goal is to address the audience directly, look at the camera.
1:02 - Knock it off with this "Continuous Shot" bull****. Also, stop cluttering your title cards.
1:10 - Holy ****! You really need a microphone with a windscreen.
1:25 - You state the obvious way too much.
1:37 - That annotation needs to go. It's distracting and completely unnecessary.
1:52 - Would I be wrong in guessing that your camera man is a butt-and-legs man? The gal may have nice gams, but seriously, this is just poor shooting. He should have pulled out to get a wider shot at this point.
1:55 - Annotation needs to go.
2:07 - Why are we looking at your junk and not their reactions? The revelation needed a lot more build-up. It felt anti-climactic. She should have been the one to turn over the card.
2:11 - This just reeks of amateurish ad-lib. The annotation, the subtitles. You need to edit!

Okay, you know what? I can't go any further right now. I'll finish later.

M

Mystifier1

y.

you can here the mic fall

M

Mystifier1

If I were just here for views I wouldn't waste my time replying.
I haven't received any criticism yet just a bunch of complaints.

Were exactly did you here this RDChopper.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert

what about your other 5000000 videos posted in here? we have given criticism, you just dont take it, and steerpike actually took his time to write all that and you dont consider it criticism? Thats even sadder.:eek:

May 3, 2008

Complaints and criticism are the same thing. They tell you what they hated, so you need to improve on that.

May 3, 2008
Also, don't lie. You said you didn't force a card, but you did. If someone figures it out ignore them or remove the comment but don't lie. Also, don't claim to be a hypnotist. You're using magic to create the illusion of hypnotism so why not just learn how to ACTUALLY hypnotize them.

Are you kidding? Steer gave 17 things that really need to change in the video, and he only covered the first performance. Here's what I say..

You really need to get your own style man, nobody thinks you are Criss Angel, stop acting like him.

It's pretty obvious that you're not hypnotizing anyone, nor are you "going deep into the minds of your spectators". You did a couple little card tricks and taught a bird how to play dead. Stop kidding yourself.

The little commercial-like things in the middle were not needed and were annoying.

Even when you do go out and perform, We still get crotch shots!! And not only of your crotch, as Steer pointed out...

M

Mystifier1

what about your other 5000000 videos posted in here? we have given criticism, you just dont take it, and steerpike actually took his time to write all that and you don't consider it criticism? Thats even sadder.:eek:

I don't take it because it's all to ridiculous. Give reasonable criticism. All I here is complaints from here. To me complaining about something and criticism are completely different. Complaining does nothing as criticism is suppose to help someone.

Rdchopper you still didn't answer my question....maybe because you were lying.

M

Mystifier1

Also, don't lie. You said you didn't force a card, but you did. If someone figures it out ignore them or remove the comment but don't lie. Also, don't claim to be a hypnotist. You're using magic to create the illusion of hypnotism so why not just learn how to ACTUALLY hypnotize them.

I didn't force a card....but if you say I did then tell me what force I supposedly used.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I don't take it because it's all to ridiculous. Give reasonable criticism. All I here is complaints from here. To me complaining about something and criticism are completely different. Complaining does nothing as criticism is suppose to help someone.

Rdchopper you still didn't answer my question....maybe because you were lying.

I didnt replyed to your question because It wasnt well written. ;)

Im done posting in this thread, you dont deserve any attention.

BTW, my signature rocks.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Your actual performing skills are on par with many people here.
Your still learning just like everyone else. What is actually being criticized is your camera and editing skills. Its horrible. Everyone shoots from the waist down and we never see any solid reactions of people.
Your getting hammered on your overplaying of criss angels character. Why do you do it? Honestly answer me because ive never seen you respond to it.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
You need to tell the Camera guy to do a better job. Seriously, all he needs to do is stand back a few feet and have the camera facing them.

As Steerpike said.. Why are we watching your crotch? Also why did you call it Mentalism and Hypnosis when what you did was neither of them. It was card magic..

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I didn't force a card....but if you say I did then tell me what force I supposedly used.

It doesnt matter if you did,or didnt.
Dont draw attention to it at all. Dont respond to the people saying you forced a card because people are always going to do that. Dont acknowledge it at all.
Also,stop challenging everyone here.YOU have to be the bigger man if everyone else is being childish or else the flame never stops.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Also why did you call it Mentalism and Hypnosis when what you did was neither of them. It was card magic..

I think its because he releases the videos in a "for the general audience" kind of way.Even thought I dont know if regular people watch his videos and not just magicians. I admit it though,even for a lie to audience it didnt make sense.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I have one more question.

What's with the over the top music and posing? Honestly, it just looks silly and kind of lame. You still need to tell the camera guy to not burn your hands. You can do a video with card magic and have him set up the camera to where it is facing straight forward and showing the ENTIRE performance.

Jan 13, 2008
I don't see why people are expecting him to listen to any complaints or criticism in the first place...you're at a disadvantage right from the get-go, being magicians (or whatever you classify yourselves as).

I say this because Mystifier has already shown his true colours when it comes to his feelings towards magicians--he doesn't respect them.

I decided I'd take a look around some other forums, to see what others think of him. The only other message board I found him on was an exposure board (belonging to the oh-so-loved Mr. Castle). That's not where I get the impression that he doesn't respect magicians, though; there was indeed the off chance that he goes there because it's a wonderful community (hahaha). No, it was the discussions he would partake in while there. I did a user search for his posts, and found him participating in exposure discussions (including the advocacy for the release of a tutorial explaining the Extreme Burn gimmick).

If one doesn't respect professional magicians, how, then, can that person be expected to respect the opinions of any other magicians? (note: rhetorical question)

I'm not sure why I even watched the video...I was beyond unimpressed, and just added to his viewer count (which he has touted in the past as being proof of his "celebrity" or "status" as a great YouTube magician (hehe, oxymoron)). I'm done with this thread...it's such a disappointment (for any of my criticisms, just refer to others in this thread--they already brought them up, whether you want to take them as criticisms or not). :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results