If you really had magical powers...

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
After reading Maximum Entertainment by Ken Weber (highly recommended). There was a part that really stuck with me. Usually the strongest of all magic, is when people wish they really had that ability. e.g If you really had magical powers, you would fly, levitate, read minds, produce money out of thin air etc.

So I was wondering, if you guys really had magical powers, what ability would you want, and more importantly, can you replicate that through conjuring?

Jul 26, 2009
Canada
If I could really turn fivers into hundreds... or pull money out of the "money card".......ooooohhhhhh man, that would be sweet.
But I think being able to fly would save on gas...

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I'll go on a 'Miss Planet' type answer, and say it would be to create a force field.

With that, I'd walk around the entire planet killing bad guys and making the world a better place.

Alright, so perhaps it wasn't such a perfect answer...

Oct 22, 2008
easily flying. I think that money you need to earn by working hard etc. and it would be after a while innoying reading minds in my opinion. and maybe obnoxious..

Jul 13, 2009
If I had real magic powers contrary to what you may believe, I do not want to be a werewolf. The super power I would like is mind jumping or linking. If I could mind jump I could essentially live for ever. Body grows old no problem jump hey I am young again and I have the knowledge of a 91 year old. No mind you this would definitely be the power of a super villain but I truly do not care it would be awesome none the less.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
lol great idea ideas. The point of this post was to think of ways to replicate your wish (if you really did have magical powers).

e.g David Copperfield flying is considered one of the all time greats, because it is a dream of so many.

Jul 13, 2009
lol great idea ideas. The point of this post was to think of ways to replicate your wish (if you really did have magical powers).

e.g David Copperfield flying is considered one of the all time greats, because it is a dream of so many.

But what if I told you I could perform my special power, I have been using it for many millennium. Nah just pulling your leg, but in all seriousness Robert Houdin was a funny guy. Moving on, this is interesting but other then flying what other super powers do people want to replicate?

This is an interesting topic, which could in fact push magic forward a little, great efforts.

Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
Tough question. I would like a lot of differnt abilities. Teleportation would be awesome. Screw flying...teleport in the air and move that way. lol

Either that or mind reading. Could you imagine the job interviewing process? It would be so much simpler if you could read minds. Not to mention being able to read the mind of a person who just picked a random card. No more card forces! lol.

Aug 18, 2008
Tough question. I would like a lot of differnt abilities. Teleportation would be awesome. Screw flying...teleport in the air and move that way. lol

Either that or mind reading. Could you imagine the job interviewing process? It would be so much simpler if you could read minds. Not to mention being able to read the mind of a person who just picked a random card. No more card forces! lol.

If you could read minds and you still do pick a card tricks...hmm

Sep 2, 2007
I would choose to be able to SELECTIVELY read minds. otherwise I would be constantly hearing people and I'd go insane.

Aug 2, 2009
Shrewsbury, UK
I'll go on a 'Miss Planet' type answer, and say it would be to create a force field.

With that, I'd walk around the entire planet killing bad guys and making the world a better place.

Alright, so perhaps it wasn't such a perfect answer...

Thanks for the once in a lifetim image of a supermodel killing people in a bikini using a rocket launcher... Priceless :rolleyes:

Mar 2, 2008
Wow this is tough. I like the mind reading but I think turning back time would be my choice.

May 31, 2008
Flying, changing ones into hundreds, and being able to turn back time and redo events.

There are dozens of methods for the first one, I know a few, none of them come close enough for me. Plenty of methods for the second, one of which I use, but I do ones to fives because I'm not rich. The third one can be achieved with things like torn and restored, but not very well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results