Little bit of street magic by Motas.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
I wish some of you would go back and count how many of the posts on this thread were actually positive.

give the kid a break, at least he's out performing live and not sitting at home in front of a Webcam like most of you.

Hey stop describe me..... it hurts:(

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I wish some of you would go back and count how many of the posts on this thread were actually positive.

give the kid a break, at least he's out performing live and not sitting at home in front of a Webcam like most of you.

What do you mean by positive? giving feedback and critics?

Or just telling him "how good he is"?

If he wants that he can go to his parents.

Jun 1, 2009
I didnt really think anything was wrong with it, besides the fact you (motas) could have made the change a bit more built up. I like how you justified the flourish, and the 2 card monte was good, pretty direct.
I would suggest more build up to the climax, and as always keep practicing!

Your boy,
Fez

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
I didnt really think anything was wrong with it, besides the fact you (motas) could have made the change a bit more built up. I like how you justified the flourish, and the 2 card monte was good, pretty direct.
I would suggest more build up to the climax, and as always keep practicing!

Your boy,
Fez

thats positive, telling him what you think was wrong and how to fix it.

Not that hes just some kid doing card tricks

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
thats positive, telling him what you think was wrong and how to fix it.

Not that hes just some kid doing card tricks

Not everyones gonna be nice and cute and cuddly about it kid.
Grow some backbone and deal with it.
This way of critiqueing isnt exclusive to magic.
This is how some people speak when they are discussing a film that has been made(recently one that I made).You have to listen and work out what they mean and most of the time they are right.
Or like when a designers latest design is "dissed".You have to listen to it and not be a p-ssy about it.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
This is how some people speak when they are discussing a film that has been made(recently one that I made).You have to listen and work out what they mean and most of the time they are right.
Or like when a designers latest design is "dissed".You have to listen to it and not be a p-ssy about it.

your right, no one needs to be encouraged.
everyone needs to be spoken down too.

Im sorry i forgot you know everything

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
your right, no one needs to be encouraged.
everyone needs to be spoken down too.

Im sorry i forgot you know everything

Sheesh I gotta spoon feed you everything.
Im saying not everyone will critique you the same way and end with a "nice job though,at least your out performing!!"Thats for the birds.
Besides,if he has real passion and really loves doing magic,he wont get discouraged and wuss out of magic because some people talked down to him.
Did Michael bay stop wanting to direct films after he wasnt allowed to go to his choice film school?Because he wasnt "good" enough? No.
He sucked it up and pushed forward anyway regardless of what others said.
If all you want is a rose layed path for you by us,your gonna fall flat on your face.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Im saying not everyone will critique you the same way and end with a "nice job though,at least your out performing!!"Thats for the birds.
Besides,if he has real passion and really loves doing magic,he wont get discouraged and wuss out of magic because some people talked down to him.
Did Michael bay stop wanting to direct films after he wasnt allowed to go to his choice film school?Because he wasnt "good" enough? No.
He sucked it up and pushed forward anyway regardless of what others said.
If all you want is a rose layed path for you by us,your gonna fall flat on your face.

theres nothing i can say to you thats going to be right

so why bother

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Just sounds like you cant have a discussion with anyone becuase no one agrees with you.
So you avoid it and cram your head that you are right.
Cliche.

wrong.
I cant have a conversation, with a narrow minded person.
Who thinks they know everything.

IT would be nice if you climbed off your high horse and joined the rest of us every once in a while

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
wrong.
I cant have a conversation, with a narrow minded person.
Who thinks they know everything.

IT would be nice if you climbed off your high horse and joined the rest of us every once in a while

No,its cause I dont agree with your sentiment.
Thats it.
You said before why we cant be nicer or sugar coat our words and I told you why.
Simple.

Jul 13, 2009
Let me level with you a little VisualArtist and others,

*Grabs a chainsaw and revs it* Time to cut me some shins... Oh wait I do not know how to put the shins back together.

Damn, you got to be some sort of magician to do that. Oh well,
*Drops chainsaw on the wooden floor where it then jumps around as if it had a mind of its own. Instead he grabs a step ladder and climbs it.* (There is symbolism in there somewhere, my tiny wolf brain just can't comprehend it)

Wow congrats on your movie. I am sure it wasn't a complete fail like when my creator made me. Besides that I am sure you got some actual positives in your critiques or was it as bad as me?

DAWWW I AM SO CUTE

ugliest-dog2009.jpg

Aren't I? Mrew?
I didn't think so. I chose to give Motas praise because he is obviously entertaining people and having fun while doing it. I found it more entertaining then a lack luster performance from a move monkey. The other "Good Critique"*sarcasm* are rants about why they dis like flourishing and magic combined. Congratulations you have an opinion. Better put defense shields to protect it because an opinion on an internet forum is that important.

Wow you go on irrelevant tangents,

2008-08-22-off-on-a-tangent.jpg

Silly girl, anyway I was originally going to address this entire post but decide to cut off the ramblings about stuff. I couldn't help thinking to myself when I read the last line of text, "Why are you continuing to type?"

Just sounds like you cant have a discussion with anyone because no one agrees with you.
So you avoid it and cram your head that you are right.
Cliche.

mirror-mirror-demotivational-poster-1236385611.jpg

Right back at you.

(Yeah the last pic was possibly a little bit edging offensive, but I found it hilarious Vietnam 2 here we come.)

http://rulingcatsanddogs.com/contents/funny-pics/original/funny-cat-picture-cute-kitty-pic-kitten-looking-in-mirror-seeing-a-lion.jpg
Click here to understand the rest of this post

Now the picture above also brings me to my real post because the above was basically my subtext while reading the posts made by the very opinionated Visualartist.

I do not understand why people feel the need to change someone else's style?
I mean shouldn't we be working on our own or even getting to know our performing character better?

The vibe I am getting from this thread so far is "Eeek he is actually doing the thing other has preached to me not to do."
"We are all purists we put a card in the middle it comes back on top. Hey guess what happens when I put the card back into the middle of the deck, participants?! IT COMES BACK UP ON TOP!! "
*Stupid grin plastered on his face*

dog-with-big-smile_fWsna_r.jpg

Isn't that wonderful? Please love me.

Anyway why should any of you care how someone else performs it doesn't have any effect on you. I realized, when I stopped caring about what other people do I became more focused on myself. Furthermore I have been able to develop my own personal style of magic. I am not saying you shouldn't say what you don't like, No not by a long shot. To continue I am saying don't write more then two sentence on negatives, without putting forth the effort of four sentences on the positive.

Jul 13, 2009
Okay ke'oke, but how do you really feel?

Kidding, You definetly placed some thought behind that post man.I mean wolf.

If I told you I would have to kill you and anyone else who Reads the post. It would be like the Ringu cursed video tape :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee

*Grabs a chainsaw and revs it* Time to cut me some shins... Oh wait I do not know how to put the shins back together.

Damn, you got to be some sort of magician to do that. Oh well,
*Drops chainsaw on the wooden floor where it then jumps around as if it had a mind of its own. Instead he grabs a step ladder and climbs it.* (There is symbolism in there somewhere, my tiny wolf brain just can't comprehend it)

Wow congrats on your movie. I am sure it wasn't a complete fail like when my creator made me. Besides that I am sure you got some actual positives in your critiques or was it as bad as me?

DAWWW I AM SO CUTE

ugliest-dog2009.jpg

Aren't I? Mrew?
I didn't think so. I chose to give Motas praise because he is obviously entertaining people and having fun while doing it. I found it more entertaining then a lack luster performance from a move monkey. The other "Good Critique"*sarcasm* are rants about why they dis like flourishing and magic combined. Congratulations you have an opinion. Better put defense shields to protect it because an opinion on an internet forum is that important.

Wow you go on irrelevant tangents,

2008-08-22-off-on-a-tangent.jpg

Silly girl, anyway I was originally going to address this entire post but decide to cut off the ramblings about stuff. I couldn't help thinking to myself when I read the last line of text, "Why are you continuing to type?"

mirror-mirror-demotivational-poster-1236385611.jpg

Right back at you.

(Yeah the last pic was possibly a little bit edging offensive, but I found it hilarious Vietnam 2 here we come.)

http://rulingcatsanddogs.com/contents/funny-pics/original/funny-cat-picture-cute-kitty-pic-kitten-looking-in-mirror-seeing-a-lion.jpg
Click here to understand the rest of this post

Now the picture above also brings me to my real post because the above was basically my subtext while reading the posts made by the very opinionated Visualartist.

I do not understand why people feel the need to change someone else's style?
I mean shouldn't we be working on our own or even getting to know our performing character better?

The vibe I am getting from this thread so far is "Eeek he is actually doing the thing other has preached to me not to do."
"We are all purists we put a card in the middle it comes back on top. Hey guess what happens when I put the card back into the middle of the deck, participants?! IT COMES BACK UP ON TOP!! "
*Stupid grin plastered on his face*

dog-with-big-smile_fWsna_r.jpg

Isn't that wonderful? Please love me.

Anyway why should any of you care how someone else performs it doesn't have any effect on you. I realized, when I stopped caring about what other people do I became more focused on myself. Furthermore I have been able to develop my own personal style of magic. I am not saying you shouldn't say what you don't like, No not by a long shot. To continue I am saying don't write more then two sentence on negatives, without putting forth the effort of four sentences on the positive.

holy crap.

That was amazing.

i have to admit im not smart enough to ever some up with anything like that.

thank you =]

Jul 13, 2009
That's the only forum where people like to argue so much ;DD

You haven't been around much on internet "communities" much have you? I wonder if people are starting to loose their grasp on what argument and debate is.
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art54032.asp

"Arguments are more passionate and emotional - neither one of you is really listening to the other one because you are so angry about your side of the story. In a debate, people express their point of view in a calm and logical manner- and not just scream over one another."

Hmm I guess I am just mindlessly rambling :rolleyes:

*Sees banana below and tries to reach through the bars of his post to get to it* Oh come on I haven't had breakfast yet. *whines for the banana.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You haven't been around much on internet "communities" much have you? I wonder if people are starting to loose their grasp on what argument and debate is.
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art54032.asp

"Arguments are more passionate and emotional - neither one of you is really listening to the other one because you are so angry about your side of the story. In a debate, people express their point of view in a calm and logical manner- and not just scream over one another."

Hmm I guess I am just mindlessly rambling :rolleyes:

I am a banana.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX

Anyway why should any of you care how someone else performs it doesn't have any effect on you. I realized, when I stopped caring about what other people do I became more
I had to cut alot of the fat from your post seeing as this was only worth adressing.
Actually if you read my post,it meant that my film was very flawed and got criticized intensely kiddo. There was discontinuity,too much head room,sloppy editing,etc.At least the liked the story.
But just like here,the critics were harsh and some were too nice to offer any good criticism.

He postes a video to see what we thought.
And I stand by it. He has the same character as every schmoe with a deck of card and I told him that. Maybe he will actually put some personality into his performance later because if everyone just tells him "nice job" he will mistake this praise for criticism. And wont grow.
Now if this is all he likes doing and doesnt want to bother with everything else that comes with being a magician thats perfectly fine.He likes showing people tricks every once in a while and make videos,thats totally cool.
But im not gonna assume everyones a hobbyist all the time. If they post something then I think that they want to go somewhere with their magic and I will criticize as such.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results