Wayne Houchin - Control

Sep 1, 2007
Hey Wayne,

whatever happened to Control (pulse stop effect) that was said to be released at beginning of 07 at E forum. Now you're at Theory 11, are you still going to release that anytime soon?

not pressuring you, just wondering that's all. I've search through this site with the search engine, didn't find anything about this topic, so if I repeated someone else thread, please don't shoot me.

W:W

Wayne Houchin said:
"Hello! Control will be a T11 exclusive. The last project that will be released through E is Ultragaff - with Danny Garcia. I'll talk to you soon.

Wayne Houchin
www.waynehouchin.com"

Hope that helps a bit, although there is no release date yet for Control, Dana says it's better than Sinful though.

-RA69

Sep 2, 2007
I've search through this site with the search engine, didn't find anything about this topic, so if I repeated someone else thread, please don't shoot me.
I would not shoot you, but I might crush you. :D

As stated above, Control will be released through theory11; in regards to the when it will be released, I do not know.

However, it sounds as if it will be worth the wait:
I've seen Houchin devastate spectators for years with Control and my honest opinion of the effect is that it is brilliant. Undeniably brilliant. It's not just a new presentation of an old effect. I would compare the workings of it to "Sinful: Quarter Through Soda Can." It's that good in my opinion. Of course, I can't speak for anyone else, but I would ask that you reserve judgment on the effect until you own it. It might just surprise you.
Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay. :)

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I know that most of you are not as keen to Criss Angel as I am, but if I'm not mistaken there is also a method for a pulse stop in his book. There are some pretty cool effects in there as well. Heck, I picked up his variation of the french drop. To me, it looks a lot more natural than the other variations being taught.

So, if you aren't as anti-Criss as most are around the magic community forums...check it out.

Shane K.

Sep 2, 2007
Guys, I believe this is Section G-4 Classified, and, ergo, you did not hear this from me:

A little birdie said that there might just be a hint -- an hidden link, if you will -- around the site about an effect, the name of which I cannot say, but has been mention more than thrice in this thread.

Happy Huntings. :)

Cheers,
JTM

Aug 30, 2007
I really hope Control is something new. The pulse stop technique has been around for a long time. It needs a rethinking and rekindling. Luke Jermay's method is the old as the hills method with a big heaping portion of suggestion.

Control is definitely something new. It's beautiful in it's simplicity and gives your spectators a nice metaphorical punch in the eye. I don't even know what that means.

Dana

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I am ashamed in every last one of you! (Myself included)
After being given the hint to the new Guardians, every last one of you overlooks the hint to Control?
I am let down. :(

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results