Saturday Night Contest - Touched by an Angel

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
As I'm sure many of you are aware, magician Criss Angel (and many other celebrity magicians, for that matter) have been accused of utilizing camera editing and video deception in their television specials. Whether or not these accusations are based on truth - and we'll withhold judgment - tonight's Saturday Night Contest is designed to improve your post production skills and get your creative juices flowing.

The challenge is to create a video demonstrating the most amazing effect you can come up with. The catch? You must use a camera or editing effect in some way, shape, or form. In this case, the magic should not be genuine. Your method could be as simple as a really hard to notice camera cut or as pronounced as editing in a giant elephant that appears under a napkin. The possibilities are literally endless.

We are looking for creativity and visual appeal tonight. All entries should be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or Drop.io and posted as a response to this thread no later than 11:00pm EST, for judging. The winner tonight will receive a six-pack of playing cards (your choice), on the house. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

May 18, 2008
Alrighty... It figures I would be at a friends house without access to my magic supplies or editing software or computer files... HOWEVER; I do have an entry, but it is not on youtube or vimeo or drop.i.o, and thus it PROBABLY won't be accepted. HOWEVER, I don't want to NOT enter, so either way, for your viewing pleasure,

http://www.facebook.com/editapps.php?ref=mb#/video/video.php?v=1081910386492

Post if you can't see it so I can change the link. Someone said you had to be logged in to see it, but I am not sure.

I hope that is accepted or... Something.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
i dont really like this one, it limits even further the range of people participating

Not too much, as all one needs to participate is a basic video camera and some sort of editing software on your Mac or PC. We get tons of video submissions into our media section daily, so we know you're out there! An idea for this contest could be as simple as a seamless, unnoticeable camera cut or as complex as rotoscoping in a unicorn that appears underneath the third cup of your cups and balls routine.

Alrighty... It figures I would be at a friends house without access to my magic supplies or editing software or computer files... HOWEVER; I do have an entry, but it is not on youtube or vimeo or drop.i.o, and thus it PROBABLY won't be accepted. HOWEVER, I don't want to NOT enter, so either way, for your viewing pleasure,

http://www.facebook.com/editapps.php?ref=mb#/video/video.php?v=1081910386492

Post if you can't see it so I can change the link. Someone said you had to be logged in to see it, but I am not sure.

I hope that is accepted or... Something.

Hey, sorry to say it but it says that it is unavailable due to it being removed or privacy reasons.

Sep 14, 2009
I was once touched by Eugene Burger..

True story.

He made me sit right next to him while he was doing a lecture, along with this twelve year old kid as well..

He said that we were his "little helpers."

Kinda creepy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results