Playing Card Facts

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Each of the suits on a deck of cards represents the four major pillars of the economy in the middle ages: heart represented the Church, spades represented the military, clubs represented agriculture, and diamonds represented the merchant class.

The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.

An interesting fact about playing cards is that specially-constructed decks were sent to American soldiers who were being held in German camps during World War II. The United States Playing Card Company collaborated with the government in the production of these cards. What made these cards so unique was, once they became wet, they peeled apart. Inside, the prisoners found parts of maps that would lead them to freedom.

A deck of cards is statistically random with five interlocking shuffles.

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:
Spades - King David
Clubs - Alexander the Great
Hearts - Charlemagne, and
Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

Feel free to contribute.

Ian

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
52 cards.. 52 weeks in a year .... 4 suits 4 stations summer, spring, winter, fall. if you count all the pips in a deck they are equal to 365 ... 365 days in a year.

Sep 3, 2007
if you count all the pips, you get 364. the first joker is 365, and the second joker is 366, for a leap year.

I heard all this stuff. I also know how to look up simple facts on a search engine.

Here is one you might not have heard. The red queens end up with the red kings.

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
USPCC playing cards consist of these layers (top to bottom):
ink
lamination
card stock
specialty glue
card stock
lamination
ink

ace of spades was used during world war II to scare off the enemies
-uspcc distributed decks which consisted nothing but the ace of spades and sent to the troops for this purpose

-Sean

Jul 13, 2009
13 cards in each suit represents the lunar phases....says the werewolf :p

Four suits representing four natural elements
Hearts=water
Clubs=Fire
Diamonds=Earth
Spades=Air

The above is being cited from this webpage
http://www.cafeastrology.com/fortunetellingcards.html

Then there are 12 Royals representing months, Red and black are for the different solstices, 13 cards to represent the 13 weeks in a season.

Also apparently if you add all the cards values together you get 365.

Sep 3, 2007
Given all of the stuff. There is one card that applies to each person.

Not sure butI will look at each denominator before hand:

Diamonds = Earth.
Hearts = Sky.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Here's something true that will shock you.

Bicycle cards are made and cut in CHINA. Bet you didnt know that one.

And personally, I like this thread because it's filled with information thats really interesting. It's fun to read tons of factual info rather than watching stupid idiots bicker over which deck of cards is better, i mean really. haha.

Nov 11, 2009
The Ace of Spades Assisted the U.S. Troops in Vietnam
In 1966, when the Vietnam War was raging on, two United States lieutenants contacted the United States Playing Card Company. The two officers wanted decks of playing cards that consisted of nothing more than Aces of Spades. The aces were used as part of a psychological warfare against the Viet Cong. You see, when the French used cards to foretell the future, the Aces of Spades forewarned of death. The Viet Cong were superstitious, and just seeing this card made them fearful. Thousands of Aces of Spades were dispersed throughout the jungles to make the enemy leave in fear.

got that from google :)

I plan to use some of this stuff in some tricks :)

Nov 11, 2009
Here's something true that will shock you.

Bicycle cards are made and cut in CHINA. Bet you didnt know that one.

And personally, I like this thread because it's filled with information thats really interesting. It's fun to read tons of factual info rather than watching stupid idiots bicker over which deck of cards is better, i mean really. haha.

umm... look at the Ace of spades underneath the spade it says made in U.S.A

Sep 3, 2007
The messed up thing is that anyone could be wrong at any time! Its human nature.

Lucky, we have a bunch of magic masters huh?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
umm... look at the Ace of spades underneath the spade it says made in U.S.A

Yeah, same thoughts here.

@Perceptiv3CardMagic Regardless that my box says, "Made in the USA", they're made and cut in China? Haha

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
So I decided to search around the usplayingcard's site and then found a link to here: http://www.bicyclecards.com/pages/magic_tricks/22.php

If you look to the side it says, "Check out these great sites", and as you can see, theory11 is one of them. And it also says,
" Interested in learning powerful magic tricks that you can perform for your friends and family? Check out theory11."

Remember reading that in a thread once, but I could be wrong. Although it doesn't have to do with playing card facts, I found it a little interesting.

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
Where on the site does it say made in china? Only the plastic decks are made in china. The factory just moved to a new location but they still keeping the old in ohio. Even the new arcanes are made and cutt in America so where are you getting these facts from?

-Sean

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Where on the site does it say made in china? Only the plastic decks are made in china. The factory just moved to a new location but they still keeping the old in ohio. Even the new arcanes are made and cutt in America so where are you getting these facts from?

-Sean

Same thoughts here!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results