Saturday Night Contest - Demonstration of Erdnase

Jun 10, 2010
JB, where can we find this new Erdnase edition for sale? Assuming it's on sale.. And if it isn't, will it soon be?

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
I'm just wondering, can I just deal out a poker hand, and then do a standard cull? I mean, is that fine? Like I deal four hands in texas holdem... and then, the flop, river, etc whatever it is... Then next round, I cull, and I win?

Sep 4, 2010
http://vimeo.com/14707433

I admit I broke the rules by not following Erdnase's descriptions verbatim. I didn't square when doing "Blind Cuts: To Retain Bottom Stock," but I think it looks better. I also added a scrape cut, which is obviously not in the book. Last, the grip I used when bottom dealing was not a true "Erdnase grip," rather it was one of the popular "modified Erdnase" grips.

Looks like the only thing I did without modification was "Blind Riffles: To Retain Bottom Stock."

I figure submitting this the way it is and possibly making a few friends who are interested in gambling moves is worth the disqualification.

-Nicholas

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
http://vimeo.com/14707433

I admit I broke the rules by not following Erdnase's descriptions verbatim. I didn't square when doing "Blind Cuts: To Retain Bottom Stock," but I think it looks better. I also added a scrape cut, which is obviously not in the book. Last, the grip I used when bottom dealing was not a true "Erdnase grip," rather it was one of the popular "modified Erdnase" grips.

Looks like the only thing I did without modification was "Blind Riffles: To Retain Bottom Stock."

I figure submitting this the way it is and possibly making a few friends who are interested in gambling moves is worth the disqualification.

-Nicholas

I would assume as long as you did at least one move exactly as described, then you would not be disqualified. ;)

Jan 26, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
I have to admit, while both the deck and book are neat, I was really hoping the prize was going to be a free year membership to the Conjuring Arts Research Center. Oh, well, now I just need to polish up my diagonal palm shift.

C

Cardmaster211

I'm am really not sure what to do because there are so many great moves.

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
I'm am really not sure what to do because there are so many great moves.

I'm still learning a lot and I do a nice color change but is it good enough to beat a fancy cut or shift? I will send my video in time but not sure if the color change is a winner. Good luck to all and most of all have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cardmaster211

Can I do a montage about 13 of my favorite tricks and moves?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results