Improving T11

I didn't read this entire thread, so don't be hatin if my suggestions have been said. ;)

I think the SNC should just be the SC. If it was open all day everybody would be able to play instead of just the Americans. (And whoever happens to be awake at the time by sheer luck.)

Also, this site needs some standard equipment! You can't buy anything but silly cards and DVDs here. Where's the sponge balls? What about the invisible decks? Cups and Balls? (We need a C&B DVD.) Nope! Just dumb shirts and bad cards. *Sigh* When JB said this would be a one stop shop for stuff I almost thought that we would be able to buy supples and stuff, but I guess that was just a pipe dream.

End rant.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Hands down, T11 needs a reputation system and an offtopic section.

I most definately disagree. I hate that rep system in other forums, and to keep my post breif, i'll just say - imagine the social hierarchy it'll create. Maybe i'm being too paranoid here, but I think it'll begin making members too full of themselves.

Even when they haven't been helpfull. It'll be like the 'you subscribe, I subscribe' rave that hit youtube.

Gustav

PS: w00p w00p 700 posts! :cool:

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
I do not really see the need for a ranking system either, although I agree with 4757joshua2's comments that we could do with more basic supplies. Some stripper decks, invisible decks, one way force, Svengali etc. Flash paper would be good also. Just steal everything off penguin magic! Topits, shells and the Knife through arm trick that I still need to get...

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Theory 11 needs more cardistry related events :p
I totally agree :p

They should make this thread a sticky..

I dont think this site should sell stripper decks, invisible, sponge balls and those ones.. just cards cards cards :)

And the guy who said like what kind of cardistry related events? Maybe more contests about cardistry like CCC or more SNC about cardistry, or I dont know..

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Where's the sponge balls? What about the invisible decks? Cups and Balls? (We need a C&B DVD.) Nope! Just dumb shirts and bad cards. *Sigh* When JB said this would be a one stop shop for stuff I almost thought that we would be able to buy supples and stuff, but I guess that was just a pipe dream.
End rant.
You can get those supplies at any other site.
Do we really need another supply shop?

Apr 30, 2008
Sweden, Vänersborg
Ha. I'm not hatin on you bro. Besides I love Köttbullar:D

I'm just saying that specific sites are for specific discussions. Many have suggested an off topic thread. Why? This is a magic site. If you want to talk about kite flying go to that site. We don’t need to clutter up the place with a lot of non sense. Just my opinion.

Oh, and I try to stay of the droger as most of the time I'm working and generally folks don’t like to fly if the pilots impared:eek:

Thats kewl.

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
I'm just saying that specific sites are for specific discussions. Many have suggested an off topic thread. Why? This is a magic site. If you want to talk about kite flying go to that site. We don’t need to clutter up the place with a lot of non sense. Just my opinion.

Because we all have other interests besides magic, and our cultural and individual interests and peculiarities can influence our art. We invest ourselves into what we perform, and magic reflects culture, history, and imagination. Presentation shouldn't be just some stock script you apply to a trick: it should be the sum of you and what you're about. And that involves more than just your magical knowledge and opinion.

Speak for yourself - most people would argue that the things they're interested in and the things they have to say aren't nonsense.

Magic is more than decks of cards and $30 DVDs. When you share your interests, your personality, and your life, it helps shape the art. How does the fact that you're really good at the violin factor into magic? Or that you lived in Japan for 12 years? I bet you can find a way, and I bet it will make your magic unique and better than the next guy's.

Also, an off-topic forum is a way to help build community. We all have lives outside of magic, and it would make a stronger community if we all got to know each other better. And you know what? What magic really needs right now is community. An open sharing of ideas, philosophy, theory, and advice. It's too much of "You sell, I buy". We're a consumer culture, not a community of like-minded performers. We've got the Magic Cafe, and then what else? A bunch of stores. If we had a forum to discuss magic, and then not-magic, we'd eventually find ways to blend the two. If you don't find that exciting, then maybe you're right where you need to be.

Because we all have other interests besides magic, and our cultural and individual interests and peculiarities can influence our art. We invest ourselves into what we perform, and magic reflects culture, history, and imagination. Presentation shouldn't be just some stock script you apply to a trick: it should be the sum of you and what you're about. And that involves more than just your magical knowledge and opinion.

Speak for yourself - most people would argue that the things they're interested in and the things they have to say aren't nonsense.

Magic is more than decks of cards and $30 DVDs. When you share your interests, your personality, and your life, it helps shape the art. How does the fact that you're really good at the violin factor into magic? Or that you lived in Japan for 12 years? I bet you can find a way, and I bet it will make your magic unique and better than the next guy's.

Also, an off-topic forum is a way to help build community. We all have lives outside of magic, and it would make a stronger community if we all got to know each other better. And you know what? What magic really needs right now is community. An open sharing of ideas, philosophy, theory, and advice. It's too much of "You sell, I buy". We're a consumer culture, not a community of like-minded performers. We've got the Magic Cafe, and then what else? A bunch of stores. If we had a forum to discuss magic, and then not-magic, we'd eventually find ways to blend the two. If you don't find that exciting, then maybe you're right where you need to be.

But we all know that people would abuse an open forum.

Sep 20, 2008
Not where i went, and im a member of a couple of forums. it actually developed a sense of camaraderie as we found different people with similar opinions bout things.

these 'Things' i speak of can be the discussion of a sport, Hobby, a recent film that came out, a Youtube video or a fat chick falling over.

It says Theory11.com: underground magic and cardistry epicenter.

That basically translates to some sort of school doesnt it? imagine a school without any breaks, just plain ass'ed lessons.

Use your head.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results