Let's See Your Setup!

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
I'll bite.

setup.jpg

Sorry about the microphone in the shot. Some close-up shots, too.

Above the shelf - Ropes, rubber bands and balloons in the top container. Silks in the big black "Officeware" portable filing cabinet. White Tupperware drawer with all my "small" stuff. Linking rings. Demon box. Glow in the dark skull. Skulls are cool.

The first shelf DVDs. Whatever books aren't on my nightstand or next to the exercise bike. "Silken Sorcery" by Jean Hugard far to the right.

Middle shelf. Money envelope. Cards. The crates to the left and right are collecting dust.

Bottom Shelf. VHS tapes. Odds and ends. One book which is too tall for the top shelf.

I figured to add at the last minute:

Miscellaneous items. My traveling bags (I made the ugly one myself!). More books and props.

Magic wands, Cups & Balls & another handmade bag.

This is all a hobby to me, but I very much enjoy having a little bit of everything around.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
IMG_0290.jpg
IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0292.jpg

I will bite on this one too. It not a proper set up but this is it. I keep this table agains the wall with all my stuff on it. I just pulled it out in the center for better shots. I have my other playing cards in a drawer. As you can see from the titles im very onesided. Tabled card magic.

The small brown book is A grand Expose.

Kind regards,

Mike

Jun 10, 2010
View attachment 4044
View attachment 4045
View attachment 4046

I will bite on this one too. It not a proper set up but this is it. I keep this table agains the wall with all my stuff on it. I just pulled it out in the center for better shots. I have my other playing cards in a drawer. As you can see from the titles im very onesided. Tabled card magic.

Kind regards,

Mike

OOH. Love tabled card magic. Props for having Wimhurst's lecture notes in plain view, too. Red plastic cut card = not my style. Same with a light green mat. But I love how it's organized for some reason.. it's just missing Card Control by Arthur Buckley and the GPS tapes. Other then that, it looks like my dream practice area.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I love the Wimhurst material. I had to write Michael Vincent to get a copy. The color of the cut card is not important to me. I have them in yellow also. I had the light green mat since I first started and its falling apart.

Card control is in the bathroom with a few other titles. Yes I do a lot of reading in there lol. GPS is in the mail along with a few other titles that I have been meaning to get.

I like to keep my area organized. It drives me crazy if its not. I spread out everything so I could just pick it up and go. All I need a to get a nice book case from Ikea and get my dream card table I could start rebuilding my room to my specs

nice stuff andrew, lots'a dvd's!!

UnvcleMings, you have some awesome stuff too! I noticed a specific book, do you recommend revelation by dai vernon? I really like ''the professor'' and would like to learn more about him. Does he include stuff that I can't find on Wiki?

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
nice stuff andrew, lots'a dvd's!!

UnvcleMings, you have some awesome stuff too! I noticed a specific book, do you recommend revelation by dai vernon? I really like ''the professor'' and would like to learn more about him. Does he include stuff that I can't find on Wiki?

If your into the gambling stuff hell yes. Vernon was obsessed with Expert at The Card Table. Im not sure whats listed on Wiki but every single page is worth reading in the book. Erdnase with Vernons thoughts.

The book is beautifully constructed. When I first opened the book and thumbed each page I was stunned. Def a must for hardcore fans.

Kind regards,

Mike

Jun 10, 2010
If your into the gambling stuff hell yes. Vernon was obsessed with Expert at The Card Table. Im not sure whats listed on Wiki but every single page is worth reading in the book. Erdnase with Vernons thoughts.

The book is beautifully constructed. When I first opened the book and thumbed each page I was stunned. Def a must for hardcore fans.

Kind regards,

Mike

I would have to disagree with you there. I don't know mehar but he doesn't strike me as the type that's into tabled magic and gambling moves. He seems more of the visual, in-the-hands close up magic (which is technically more practical, since you don't need a table). I actually nearly bought it.. I ended up buying the GBC Erdnase instead. Once you get hardcore, Mehar, then I would get it. If you're just looking for The Professor's magic, buy the Inner Card Secrets trilogy by Dai Vernon.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I would have to disagree with you there. I don't know mehar but he doesn't strike me as the type that's into tabled magic and gambling moves. He seems more of the visual, in-the-hands close up magic (which is technically more practical, since you don't need a table). I actually nearly bought it.. I ended up buying the GBC Erdnase instead. Once you get hardcore, Mehar, then I would get it. If you're just looking for The Professor's magic, buy the Inner Card Secrets trilogy by Dai Vernon.

I dont know mehar's style of magic. Thats why my post started with "If your into the gambling stuff..." If he was, that was my take on the book. If he wasnt then the book wouldnt be for him unless he really liked researching Vernon. He was only asking about Revelation not other Vernon Material. Plus he stated that he loves table card magic.

Honestly the Dai Vernon collection is technically the best bang for your buck if you want Vernon material but not practical because of the books size.

Kind regards,

Mike

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
View attachment 4044
View attachment 4045
View attachment 4046

The small brown book is A grand Expose.

Kind regards,

Mike

Mike,

I see you have the Magic of Fred Robinson. I've seen that book go for a very high price, what are your thoughts on that book? Seems very intriguing!

-Casey

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Mike,

I see you have the Magic of Fred Robinson. I've seen that book go for a very high price, what are your thoughts on that book? Seems very intriguing!

-Casey

To me the book is great. Do I think it commands the high price I cannot really say. I have seen it as low as $105 - $125.

I got the book because Darwin Ortiz taught a modified verson of Freds greek deal which you could see him perform in his Card Cheating dvd. I been looking for that method for awhile. Also I have been told of Fred's gambling routines and stacks he used.

His pass work is considered to be one of the best along with his ability to do a perfect faro with cards in the worst conditions which is documented in the book and taught.

Also the false dealing section is wonderful but with a downside. Fred dealt from a full grip and all his false deals except the greek (Ortiz) is described from the full grip.

Paul Wilson also written for the book with introductions from Duffie, Ortiz, Vernon, Maven and more.

I do quite a bit of research into a book before getting it. Other magicians, fourm reviews, and the actual table of contents in the book.

I use the following site to look up table of contents: http://archive.denisbehr.de/archive/resultbook.php?book=218&edit=

This is a direct link to Denis Behr's archive site on magic books table of contents. the above link is for The Magic of Fred Robbins. The site has tons of other books that you could look at.

Srry I couldnt be more clear about the book. Hope it helped somewhat.

Kind regards,

Mike

Oct 9, 2010
Nice stuff man! Mycontainter with all my magic stuff in it isn't big enough and is too unorganized for me to post pics lol.

Dec 13, 2008
Morris, IL
Thanks bro. You know, I actually havent opened a deck yet. I have about half a dozen of each and I havnet even cracked them open. From what I have heard though they pretty much feel like a regular deck of Bicycle playing cards. But you cant deny the cool factor with the artwork on the Karnival cards.

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
Here's my non-sleight literature. Haven't finished all of these yet. If you guys want to see my sleight stuff I can also upload that...

EDIT: Not sure why the yellow date at the bottom of the photo is wrong. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results