symphony vs. art of magic

Oct 11, 2007
Hey i was wondering what the general consensus is against these two. I have both but curious what the general pop thinks about the two. Both are very good in their own right i just feel one is more user friendly then the other and curious what you all thought... thanks for your help and let me know if there are any effects your actually using on a regular basis, thanks again!

Mar 2, 2008
No offence, but i think AoM matirel is terrible, so hard for begginers and too easy for advance but to easy for intermidites, also some of tricks are recyled.

Havent herd much about symphomy though.

May 31, 2008
The effects on Symphony seem better (I don't own) but Art of Magic is a much better DVD. The interview section is full of information that has changed the way I perform magic drastically.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I only bought AoM for the discussion they have at the beginning. Like they really go into different aspects of the art of magic and i just loved hearing those magician's thoughts on this topic. The tricks were ok but they're not the main focus of the dvd.

Symphony is just another dvd explaining tricks. AoM talks about the more important things, the presentation, the psychology and the different aspects of magic.

So my choice would be Art of Magic.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
How can someone think that the tricks on AOM is bad or just "ok"?

Carbon paper, French kiss and match bite gets some of the best reactions that you can get if they are performed well.

So what if its easy? Its like saying a song is bad because it is easy to play.

Oct 11, 2007
i totally agree with all of you, i feel AOM is way better. I agree the tricks are easy but the presentation that wayne has is just entertaining and likable. I think we can all learn from his likable personality and the tricks i also agree are hard hitting, i actually was watching the david blaine special street magic, and was like wow look how easy those tricks are, buts its the environment your in its the way you perform, and to be honest, lay people have no clue, i was watching it and was like how are you fooled? lol but i understand in the scheme of things noone cares how magic is done, they are entertained by the experience at hand

Apr 15, 2009
Symphony is way more funny and friendly. I recommend it more than AOM, but AOM is very good, don't understand me wrong.

Jun 22, 2009
Save up and get both. If you watch the effects for each DVD figure out which effects looks more interesting for you and get that.

Aug 21, 2009
I have both
I like AoM the most..most of the effects are quite simple and yet hard hitting. waynes presentation of the effects are awesome as well as his small twists to some effects..like a normal transposition.
symphony got some good stuff. however im mostly into card magic.
what i like about symphony is the organic feel some of the effects has..like visa.

EDIT: btw..forgot to mention the interviews on AoM..for me it was just a bunch of crap. matter of fact ive already forgotton all of it. but the effect are nice

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results