My Latest Creation

Sep 1, 2007
I think it's kinda confusing. Kinda hard to get what the effect is. One card changes and you find the selection. Or is it supposed to look like that the king is going in the middle? Because if it is, maybe you should use a better and clearer method for that, like a double turnover.

Feb 28, 2008
It's a little confusing mostly because of how you "Place the king in the center". It's just too much for such a simple idea.

Orb

Jul 19, 2009
Sweden
I'm very impressed, some might say it's random and confusing but I assume that this would have pattern if performed in real life, and then it would be a beast!

Good job mate!

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I think the fact that the music swells at a completely insignificant moment in the effect is what makes the video so confusing... I had to watch it twice to even understand what the effect was supposed to me. He didn't do some sort of funky change, he merely turned the deck over.

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
He didn't do some sort of funky change, he merely turned the deck over.
Come on, don't spoil the trick for others.

If you had a duplicate 10 of clubs instead of the 9 of spades, it would be a nice transpo trick. As hector_cervantes mentioned, what has the 9 of spades got to do in the trick?

I think it's kinda confusing. Kinda hard to get what the effect is. One card changes and you find the selection. Or is it supposed to look like that the king is going in the middle? Because if it is, maybe you should use a better and clearer method for that, like a double turnover.

I agree, I acn't think of anything else to add.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
It seems like a trick thats technically hard for the sake of hardness. Magic that magicians do for other magicians. To that end I'd say good job.

For laymen it really is hard to follow. Its kind of like hedberg's peak in the sense that I have a lot of fun performing it but sometimes spectators don't really get it.

Thanks

Thanks. It would be better with words. Its kinda confusing like hedbergs peek with no words.

It seems like a trick thats technically hard for the sake of hardness. Magic that magicians do for other magicians. To that end I'd say good job.

For laymen it really is hard to follow. Its kind of like hedberg's peak in the sense that I have a lot of fun performing it but sometimes spectators don't really get it.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I believe it was Morgician who asked 'do you carry a boombox around all day and play this song while you do this effect?...no?...then why did you make me sit through this song?'

Do the video with words, it may look decently impressive, but if you can't present it then the entire trick, all that practice, is worthless and down the drain.

I also agree with the whole 9 of spades thing...it just didn't flow overall. Also seems like a lot of work for a transposition when there are much easier ways to accomplish this, ending clean and often in the spectators hands. If it works for you, then do it...but as far as an effect goes it has a lot of room for improvement.

Jul 13, 2009
Okay,

First viewing of this effect, shown me that you got some fast hands you trickster. Its evident that you have skills somehow you flipped the deck around and switched cards out then used momentum from shaking to get a card to the top. I can’t do it, but it’s a great trick.

Please don’t insult me by saying that isn’t the method, I know its not. But that is what my laymen brain is saying. (laymen brain is my brother, who hates magic.)
I agree that it is to move heavy, and it can lead to mixed reactions from participants. They may be quiet and keep staring after the effect, but it may not be the reaction that you think it is; its confusion.

I feel that if you add a little guidance for the specs, it will be less confusing; I didn’t even realize that you were turning the deck over.

Ps

I am glad you are taking the critic well, good job ^=^

This is part of the reason I dislike the clipshift. Like said before this is to move heavy and to many things look like sleight of hand and not magic. The clipshift can be done by only a very small amount of people without shaking the deck, which in my eyes make it look incomplete if shook.

Work on this but in effects period, it will dramatically increase the astonishing you lay out on a audience's face. Honestly though, magic needs to be this to really be considered magic in my eyes at least. Direct, simple enough, and moveless and I can guarantee you you will astonish many folk.

Mar 2, 2008
Why would you go through all of that effert and take away from presintation for that? Also why must you name it that? I wouldnt name it unless you are planning on going to lectures and teaching it or selling it.

Mar 29, 2008
Here is my feedback:

I had to watch the effect three times - the first two to understand what the plot was, and the last to watch the effect once I understood it...and by that time, I understood the method. This is where the music detracts - music is only good when the effect is clear without words or fast movements.

I don't like the switch on a flourish - as it is not magical, but confusing what is what with what looks like a production of the bottom card when you flip the deck over - this wouldn't be an issue if you weren't performing a sleight at the same time...but that IS the moment, and it looks like a moment. Not strong design for the most part.

When you did the Kelly bottom placement at the start - you had to readjust your grip, and there was MUCH tension in your right hand - actually, as most of the moves are done with the right - there is great tension in those difficult and angled sleights.

Regardless, you didn't flash - I think the only problem is clarity, mixed with flipping the deck while you perform your switch.

It is eye candy - for magicians, very neat - for audiences...perhaps with words, could work for you.

Good luck - thanks for sharing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results