$15,000 Secret Magic File Auction

Oct 31, 2010
and wat the hell is wrong wif caps? caps is just function and so many ppl make it as yelling AND I LOVE TO TYPE IN CAPS CAZ IT LOOKS BETTER

Jun 10, 2010
Hahaha I completely agree ^

I think it's probably a fake also. No refunds/returns. No evidence that he ACTUALLY has the stuff.

Maybe you didn't notice the eBay buyer protection or top-rated seller bits... 99.8% positive feedback is pretty damn good for a guy a tad short of 1000. Plus, you actually have to read the description on the item and see the other seller's items to get an idea of what he does. He said he gets his stuff from estate sales. After going here ( http://shop.ebay.com/asd343b/m.html ) and seeing the feedback he's been left with, I'd say it's safe to determine that he does have the item in question.

While interesting, I feel this is something I won't personally require. Interesting find, though.

Maybe you didn't notice the eBay buyer protection or top-rated seller bits... 99.8% positive feedback is pretty damn good for a guy a tad short of 1000. Plus, you actually have to read the description on the item and see the other seller's items to get an idea of what he does. He said he gets his stuff from estate sales. After going here ( http://shop.ebay.com/asd343b/m.html ) and seeing the feedback he's been left with, I'd say it's safe to determine that he does have the item in question.

All of his other stuff that is in the link you provided seems pretty hard to fake. When you see his sterling silver stuff he has you can tell it's exactly that. So because he's generally selling things that are easy to tell are real, there's no reason he can't fake one listing.

Jun 10, 2010
All of his other stuff that is in the link you provided seems pretty hard to fake. When you see his sterling silver stuff he has you can tell it's exactly that. So because he's generally selling things that are easy to tell are real, there's no reason he can't fake one listing.

You missed the point entirely. He says he gets his stuff from estate auctions. Those are all things that are possible to find in estate auctions, and you're STILL ignoring the eBay buyer protection, which will refund you all you paid.

Besides, what are the odds of a top-rated seller with 99.8% positive feedback who completely checks out and is quite very possibly selling a real ****load of information be faking it?

Jul 13, 2009
Besides, what are the odds of a top-rated seller with 99.8% positive feedback who completely checks out and is quite very possibly selling a real ****load of information be faking it?

Someone is a little to trusting of the internet. If I was actually trying to pitch something as a rare item or what not, I'd at least have the decency to add proof photos. Buyers feedback is a bunch of bunk in a lot of cases. Plus the seller doesn't deal in magical antiques or anything magic for that matter. Dropping 15000 dollars on something is a big fricking burrito investment. If the lot is actually found to be legit, by whoever buys it obviously, then good on that person who dropped 15 grand on it. If I had 15 grand to spend, you can bet your bottom dollar I would probably not spend that much money over the internet. I'd rather spend that money in person and personally handle what I am buying before it.

Revisit:

DAMN I don't know how to use Ebay, found the proof photos. Without serious thought first. Also I am a little skeptical about how these files got out since there are magician's names attached to it that are still working performers.

Afterr Some Research:

It probably is legit. After searching the green monster via google. I've found that Paul Haynes is a legit illusion builder/designer. Creative Illusions was the name of the company and most of the plans by Paul Haynes have been licensed to Bill Smith to build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 2, 2008
If this auction is real, it looks like there will be some legal issues. The rights to those illusions are owned by someone, most likely the creator, or the magician that performed them.

He said a storage auction so that means it was placed in a storage room, the guy forgot to pay the bill for awhile so they owners auction it off to the public. Why would someone keep that in a storage room not his house to show people or re-read it? Because this is most likey fake.

Jun 10, 2010
Good to see that not everyone thinks that 'because it's on the internet it must be true.'

513.jpg

No, it's just that you don't know your way around eBay and can't make a logical conclusion because of that. But it's nice to see you try and support your theory. I'm not sure if you realized this, but ever since I mentioned it, eBay hasn't stopped that buyer protection they've got. http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html

It says it works with items that aren't described. He described them as authentic. ESPECIALLY because this is a high-amount purchase, you can and will be refunded if they're fake. Oh, and once again, guys who generally reach a top-rated seller status with 99.8% positive feedback overall generally don't suddenly start selling fake files for $15,000 over ebay just for the hell of it.

Once again, interesting find for the seller, but I wish him luck in finding someone willing to pay $15,000 for all that. Unless there's a geeky collector with a laaaaaaaarge wallet willing to chip for it.

(Getting kind of bored of arguing this supposedly fake deal, so have fun - I'm out.)

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonEngland

theory11 artist / card mechanic
Nov 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
The auction is completely real, completely legitimate (and legal in all respects), and completely boring. The only person who has plans/contracts/autographs in this auction that might have been even remotely interested in it is David Copperfield. Turns out, he's not interested.

Prediction: It won't sell until the guy lowers his price by 90% or more.

Jason

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results