82 review

here is my review for daniel madisons 82.

firstly i would like to note, its is frustrating when work is not overread, especailly when it is sold, as there was lots of mistakes in this, however it is easily figured out.

well im pretty sure you all know the effect... if not www.danielmadison.co.uk is for you =]

8 pounds for this trick, and to be honest its completely worth it. the set up requires a little time, its not tricky, there is a "semi gimmick" which can be made in 2 seconds, its nothing extra, its a playing card bascially.
for people who say there is a lot to remember, there is not, it easy enough to remember, as you could make it even easier by use of a magicians force.

the trick itself shows how 5seconds of looking at a deck can be enough for you to photogenicallly remember every card, with a funky ending. it is technically impossible and hits spectators quite hard as everythink is in front of them, theres no "ooo its magic" feeling, you are performing a miricle. and to top it, it can be performed again instantly WITH a different card selected by the .
spectator

the teaching is very good, even though typo's etc can be frustraing. but with a pdf. file you should be expecting a good read and a little complexity. i also only had to read through it once, then i practised it to my buddy straight after, i remebered the patter and changed it a little to suit me, and the remembering stuff came immediatly, i also did it to my mother 6 hours later, not practising it in between that and still nothing drifted out of my head.

so for a mentalism effect i would defiantly recomend it. i am a vivid DM customer, and own all of his products, well not lethal or wrath, but once again he managed to satisfy me, and for only 800 english pennies it is definatly a bargain.

i would give this product a 7 out of 10, becuase it can seem to drag on a tad, and mathematics is no ones favourite subject =]

hope my review has helped. and im am sorry is some of you think i have used a bit of exposure, i can assure you, nothings too revealing

shmore

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 5, 2008
Drury Lane
Wow! Nice review! Really informative.
Better than the first one, hands down.

But I have a question. Are typos the only downside?
And I think you're slowly convincing me to buy this effect.

Wow! Nice review! Really informative.
Better than the first one, hands down.

But I have a question. Are typos the only downside?
And I think you're slowly convincing me to buy this effect.

typos really are the only let down.
the effect itself is really good, the teaching is good, it wouldnt take learn to practise, set up is like 2 mintuies and to create the the "semi gimmick" wud take like 5 seconds flat

Not to down play DM's effect, but I've tried this out on people, and it just hasn't got any reaction from them. I think this is an amazing effect with a great system, but its just too long for the public.

I personally use DM's blood deck for a memory system as it is quicker the way I do it, and appeals to my style more.

To my audiences it has just looked like i'm showing off and not doing magic, which is what they've employed me to do. God, this is also the only trick neither my girlfriend OR my mum could sit through without yawning.

No offence Daniel, but you've done better. And why isn't 'final scripture' in 'inside'? that is an effect I use on a daily basis, always to fantastic reactions.

Simon_Magic

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
As for the massive thread bump I thought about this routine the other day.

I believe it is a showing off effect however it is based on the premise of memory, and one's ability to not only memorise a deck of cards but see interesting patterns in it.

From a 'magician' stand point this can seem like a very week concept. However, to a mentalist memory demonstrations are something that are increabaly useful and entertaining.

This routine however is not one of them in my opinion. It has way too much going on. The cutting of the deck is rational the prediction can be two to an extent, the only problem I have is the selection of the card and the 'strange conicidence' that it equals the same as the other half.

Whilst the effect is very very good, it suffers from being too perfect. And trying to demonstrate to many abilities at once. May people have said it for mentalism to be real it needs to fail about 15% of the time.

I have been working on my card memory demonstatration for well over a 18 months and now I finally have it where I want it. I have used almost everyone's I have read or seen and most of them seem to feel a lot more real than this.

This is one of my favourite plots in all of card magic mentalism and what have you. It feels real because usally it is, and you have a lot of room for presentation and to make (believable) mistakes.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results