A Quick ACR Question

Feb 5, 2010
I was asking because you said that you were glad that you didn´t have one..

an ACR is a good lesson for perfecting sleights and combine them to create a routine...you should make one...

its understandable dude.
And ill most likely not make one. im not much of a card guy. ill do something like stigmata or do cardistry. but other than that i like using coins, rubber bands, and really anything that i can do a trick with.

Nov 8, 2007
Have you seen David Blaine's ACR? He has the spectator put it in the middle, and it pops to the top. Then, instead of reinserting he throws a torn and restored into it!

I think that is a great way to end, whether you have the card pop to the top once or twice or 230498 times like I've seen some people do.

My two cents.

That's not an ACR. That's Torn & Restored Transpo by David Williamson. One of the best card effects ever.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I've always liked ending an ACR with a deck vanish. Personally, I think creating a personal ACR is a lesson that any card magician should undergo. I learned so much about how to get a card into a specific position right under a spectator's nose, so to speak, by designing an ACR. You also learn about flow, about attention span limits, etc.

It's kind of like cups and balls, in a way. I can't remember who, but someone said that when you really learn the cups and balls, you learn everything there is to learn about magic. Misdirection, sleight of hand, routining, etc. ACR is the same way. It's one of those all-over effects.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Why is it essential to have an ACR performance

Even if you don't perform it, it's a good way to learn structure in the way of routines and effects. It's excellent for learning how to be one ahead of a spectator as well. Every phase can be different and surprising, as well as impossible. Finding an ending is usually the hardest part. Braue's Pop-up move is a great ending, as is card to impossible location.

You have to change the reason the card moves for card to impossible location, but it can work.

If you don't want to make an ACR routine, then don't. If you decide to, make it your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results