A Short Break

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
After a busy few months of work over Christmas, New Years and summer parties I am deciding to take awhile away from everything.

As many of you know I am a huge fan of Annemann and anyone who read about him not what he wrote knows towards the end he was sucidial and suffered a massive problem with drugs. Whilst I am not suicidial I do have a drug problem, and the life of an entertainer does not help with it in any way shape or form. So I have taken the steps to try and fix this crippling problem, in about five hours I will be going into an intensive detox program for a week then after that I will be in some form of rehabilitation program.

The ironic thing is that I battled the same addiction a few years ago and used magic and later mentalism to fill the void that was not only creatied but filled with substance abuse. The hardest part was that when I would do my gig I would usally be stuck in a different city to where I live on a Friday or Saturday night, which inturn lead someone at the party to come out with them for a night on the town. My downfall was that I could not say no and could not stop.

Thanks to everyone here for serious descussions on magic and some genuine friends that I have made.

Cheers

David

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
David,

Stay strong and learn to use other means to achieve the adrenaline / high than drugs. I've seen way too many people go to far with drugs. You can do it and lean on others for help.

Nov 8, 2007
Don't forget that famous little phrase that has pushed so many to achieve in magic: "Nothing is impossible."

You can do it.

Wow, hard to hear.
I remember when i first met you and i was like a little boy who had just found a little puppy by the side of the road and brought it home.
Even though i have never met you i consider you as a close friend, you have taught me so much and taken back so little. You were the one that actually pushed me to not prioritize magic and literally get a life which i now enjoy, along with that i owe you my current success as a Mentalist.

All i have to say is,
Thank you!

And i wish you the best of luck with it!
Looking forward to talking to you again!

Mikk.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Thanks guys for all the kind words. The first part of this is over and well it is only going to get harder from here.

I am doing everything that I should and need to be doing right now, but I will definatly be taking some serious time off performing so that I can Look after myself a little better.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
hey bro. you can do it man. Gods watching out for you. and while he didnt put you in this situation, he's already using it to make you stronger. i dont know if you believe or not. but, regardless my God loves you. (he's your God to and if you havent accepted all you gotta do is LET him be your God)

Jan 16, 2008
David,

I'm truly thankful and happy for you to hear that you have treated your life just as you have treated Mentalism; with respect and care, and such an accurate view of both.
You have been an inspiration to me in Mentalism, and I respect you for all that you have taught me.
Now you know that there's a group of magicians and friends behind your back, do not worry about anything! We'll be watching your back...metaphorically. :D
I hope you won't disappear from our world for long; I expect to see a rejuvenated and "new" David soon.

God bless,

David

P.S. Definitely reread what WorldWideMe said, even if it makes no sense to you now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results