Anyone up for pass battle?

Feb 8, 2009
make at least 2 passes i dont care wich.
music allowed if u want.
make it about 4-5-6 days?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
People...
I had watched RoyM's video he was going to submit and he used a duplicate.
I found a couple of things wrong with it.
1. Nothing can be seen even in slow-mo.
2. He doesnt keep any breaks at all as he inserts the card into the deck from the front.
3. The bottom card stays the same.

People...
I had watched RoyM's video he was going to submit and he used a duplicate.
I found a couple of things wrong with it.
1. Nothing can be seen even in slow-mo.
2. He doesnt keep any breaks at all as he inserts the card into the deck from the front.
3. The bottom card stays the same.
Goes to show you how far the pass has become a contest move among magicians, a show off. People doing movies of passes to get social status.

One word for these people: Get a freakin life.

Jan 28, 2009
LOL. A pass in front of a camera is just jacking off. I agree with the above firmly here. My pass is obvious if I do it in front of a camera, but I've never been rumbled when performing. Why is that? Its called eye contact and talking to the audience, basic misdirection in transit actions etc etc. There's no such thing as a perfect pass that can be done with -no- hand movement. If someone is paying enough attention to your hand, even if you're doing something as angle insensitive as the clip shift they will detect some movement. The key is to actually perform magic for people rather than a fricking camera so everyone can jerk off over it. In person, if you're doing it right your pass only has to fool someone's periferal vision as they're looking no where near your hands. If jacking off over how invisible a pass is on camera is what people get off about these days then great, but the only example of a pass video I've seen on this site involved a blatent cheat and a duplicate card.

LOL. A pass in front of a camera is just jacking off. I agree with the above firmly here. There's no such thing as a perfect pass that can be done with -no- hand movement. If someone is paying enough attention to your hand, even if you're doing something as angle insensitive as the clip shift they will detect some movement.

I dunno, I've seen some great passes where even on camera you can't see it at all, always remember the hand is quicker than the eye!!! But, with good misdirection even someone who isn't good at the pass can get by so it is important to use that too.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results