Bad days...

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Then again you can't make that assumption that people can forget problems that easily. Everyone is different so they handle their own problems differently. Those exercises are adapted by many people in industry, as they cannot merely 'Forget' their problems.

And yet, in the end, you merely forget your problems...

By counting backwards and doing deep breathing you're relaxing yourself, that is actually good advice to anyone who gets stressed, ever.

At the same time you are replacing your thoughts with 'positive' thoughts, dwelling on something other than your bad experience.
That is to say, whatever your mind dwells on will affect your entire emotional balance.
Hey, I said that too.

Anchoring is a trick of the mind. As is reassurance through phrases like 'I am superman'. They work, because you know they work, because your mind has been conditioned to react to it.
You start thinking one way-your body reacts...I've said nothing different, I've just never used 'industry' methods, only things I picked up over time.

Me, or anyone, saying to forget about the bad and concentrate on something good is the exact same thing you told people to do. The difference : You have a specific set of actions to go with that.
But everyone is different.
And not everyone can use NLP Anchoring and reassuring phrases to change their mood.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
And yet, in the end, you merely forget your problems...

By counting backwards and doing deep breathing you're relaxing yourself, that is actually good advice to anyone who gets stressed, ever.

At the same time you are replacing your thoughts with 'positive' thoughts, dwelling on something other than your bad experience.

Hey, I said that too.

Anchoring is a trick of the mind. As is reassurance through phrases like 'I am superman'. They work, because you know they work, because your mind has been conditioned to react to it.
You start thinking one way-your body reacts...I've said nothing different, I've just never used 'industry' methods, only things I picked up over time.

Me, or anyone, saying to forget about the bad and concentrate on something good is the exact same thing you told people to do. The difference : You have a specific set of actions to go with that.
But everyone is different.
And not everyone can use NLP Anchoring and reassuring phrases to change their mood.

Very well put and said!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results