Blizzard question

May 25, 2010
I am looking for a version of blizzard and think about Twisted Blizzard. Since I read it uses a specially printed deck, I assume this makes it unexaminable. Do spectators tend to want to handle the cards after you do the trick? All comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sep 3, 2007
I am looking for a version of blizzard and think about Twisted Blizzard. Since I read it uses a specially printed deck, I assume this makes it unexaminable. Do spectators tend to want to handle the cards after you do the trick? All comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance

For the most part, if a spectator can figure out that it's marked, it's not workable. But reasonably, they will miss those sort of (inspections) if you handle the magic correctly. The idea behind a marked deck is that even if they inspect it they can't tell the difference. So its all good. If they want to look at the deck they won't find anything unless they really know what they're doing.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey

Your assumption is correct.

The original Blizzard is by Dean Dill. It involves a pretty gutsy move in the middle, but you end up with an examinable deck (all blank cards with the exception of the named card).

Oct 1, 2010
The "gutsy move" is indeed quite gutsy, but it sails right past the spectators when done with confidence. I guess that is like all non-burnable sleights yeah? Hehe.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
The "gutsy move" is indeed quite gutsy, but it sails right past the spectators when done with confidence. I guess that is like all non-burnable sleights yeah? Hehe.

Exactly. It is a great exercise in misdirection and the plot provides the perfect distraction. There also are some great subtleties you can do to make the effect more powerful.

Another option is Craig Petty's Blank DVD. There is a bonus effect taught called Wipeout (or is it Whiteout) where individual cards and then the whole deck turns blank both front and back. That effect requires that you buy some additional gaffed decks of cards (the DVD comes with the cards for the other effects that are taught). If anyone is going to get Blank, PM me and I'll let you know what decks you need to get.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Almost all gutsy moves look better when done slowly. Basically you are doing nothing anyway you do not need to do most sleights just casual and smooth. Rather than fast and unnatural.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results