Blowing a trick

Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
In my opinion, always have a backup plan when you do a trick. Take for example, I use a lot of tricks that require a forced card. If I do a classic force, but they still don't choose that card, I move on to a different trick or I locate their card using a key card, and continue with the same trick I started out with. If that doesn't work, be casual, never make it aparent that you made a mistake.

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
Well first off there is always a way to fix a mess up you just have to think of something right away. Like where did you mess up?
This is why learning the most sleight of hand you can, is so beneficial to you.
From a half pass, to the full thing, all these moves are made to help you pick up mistakes like that.

Or as another person said earlier, turn it into a comedy routine, it will not only fix your mistake, but also build a relationship with your audience.

Much of preforming magic professionally, is being able to think on your feet!:D

This is why learning the most sleight of hand you can, is so beneficial to you.
From a half pass, to the full thing, all these moves are made to help you pick up mistakes like that.

Or as another person said earlier, turn it into a comedy routine, it will not only fix your mistake, but also build a relationship with your audience.

Much of preforming magic professionally, is being able to think on your feet!:D

yes this is true....

What i do in this situation.

Hey i've had this happen to me plenty of times but this is how i get out of it. yes there are effects that if you mess up the trick is pretty much done and dead but the thing that i do is i turn it into something else on the spot. Like i was perfroming clutch by Oz Pearlman and when i went to grab the card i grabbed the wrong one...immediatly i said well since this isn't your card tell you what ill use this card and change it to yours...after doing that i did a sort of jokers wild routine and everyone was awed. See if you mess up try not to think about it because if you show ur mad because you messed up people will call you out on it but if you show that it was all "planned" then they think nothing of it and you seem even more remakable. Hope to have helped you =)

Hey i've had this happen to me plenty of times but this is how i get out of it. yes there are effects that if you mess up the trick is pretty much done and dead but the thing that i do is i turn it into something else on the spot. Like i was perfroming clutch by Oz Pearlman and when i went to grab the card i grabbed the wrong one...immediatly i said well since this isn't your card tell you what ill use this card and change it to yours...after doing that i did a sort of jokers wild routine and everyone was awed. See if you mess up try not to think about it because if you show ur mad because you messed up people will call you out on it but if you show that it was all "planned" then they think nothing of it and you seem even more remakable. Hope to have helped you =)

hey man, thnks, this really helps. i'll work on it.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Depends on if blowing the trick is actually part of the trick. Tho I'd say that we shouldn't be afraid to fail, because it's your follies that you learn the most from.

You screw up a trick because of a bad angle you missed. You learn to properly cover that angle. etc etc.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results