BULLETIN : andthensome +YOURSTUFF Contest

dananddave

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
Hollywood
www.dananddave.com
In regards to extend the deadline:

One week should be more than enough time to shoot and edit together a video as we shot the entire andthensome DVD in 5 days. The material you submit should have been in the works long before this week. Those are the submissions we're looking for.

The best of luck to all of you and we looking forward to seeing your work.

Cheers,
dananddave

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.bayme
all music utilized within your video must be royalty free, your own creation, or nonexistent.
What does that mean??? We can't use music from other bands and stuff like Linkin Park or Muse?

Nope, as they have copyright protection ect...

Sep 1, 2007
In regards to extend the deadline:

One week should be more than enough time to shoot and edit together a video as we shot the entire andthensome DVD in 5 days. The material you submit should have been in the works long before this week. Those are the submissions we're looking for.

The best of luck to all of you and we looking forward to seeing your work.

Cheers,
dananddave

Question: Let's say that my hypothetical move that I would hypothetically submit has some hypothetical applications to a few tricks...

In that very hypothetical and not necessarily actual case, would it be alright to demonstrate the use of the move in the trick, even if it might give a clue to the trick's inner-workings? In other words, would it be alright if I showed the application of the move to the trick as long as I don't reveal the trick itself?

J

J:G

what happens if i have to teach someone elses aplication(lets say a pass) in my trick.
whut do i do?

Feb 5, 2009
so basically, i'm supposed to submit a creation of mine for your dvd and then have you put it on the dvd if it wins, and then what? does my trick just get to be on your dvd, or do i get a free dvd, or what? i don't see what benefit this has other than people seeing my trick on the dvd.

Pros: people see you and you get recognition, maybe a free dvd?

cons: your tricks rights are given to theory 11, do you even get a free dvd?, and other people profit from your trick

if anyone could clear this up for me that would be great. all i'm asking is how exactly is this going to be "awesome" for the winner

thanks

Feb 6, 2009
im just asking, does a sleight counts? and if i win, will i get a copy og andthensome? ohh btw im new here, hello guys

Jan 19, 2009
1. submission per member... So if I create a trick and it is 5 minutes with tutorial can I send 2 tricks in one submission?(so I send one video with 2 trick.)
And can we create a move not a trick or fluorish...???
What will be the video type?(avi,mp4,3gp or what???)

Nov 23, 2008
What is with all these questions? Most of the questions people have asked need simple common sense for an answer. Whatever you regard your best effect as, then submit it. If it breaks copyright or whatever, I'm pretty sure they will not put it on the DVD. There are some creative people on here who have created some pretty incredible stuff using sleights they have come up with and, like it or not, these are the guys that are going to win.

Keep it the same style as DnD. The more visual the better, I would presume. An intricate peice of flourishing will beat a poor variation of an existing flourish, just like a pretty standard effect will loose to an insanely visual, twinsplit remix type effect.

Use your head guys, they probably regret putting this contest up now with 10 or so pages of questions.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I assuming that with it being the extra disc to the trilogy the trick must be card based magic?

I know you guys have done other stuff, i.e. Organic, but it'd be nice to know any boundaries in place as far as the material is concerned!

Cool competition by the way, should be fun to see what comes of it!:)

D.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, I'm basically done. Got all my editing down, my friend wrote me some kickass music and it's looking not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

But actually, does anyone know how to use Soundtrack Pro? I would really like to kill some background noise...

Jan 19, 2009
I create a cool effect .all my friend think it is very cool but I don't know this is a new trick or not? What can I do???Please help me.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
what happens if i have to teach someone elses aplication(lets say a pass) in my trick.
whut do i do?

That's what I want to know.

My trick, it involves Earl's Grey Shuffle, as well as T.G Murphy's deck flip.

If I were to film it and tutorialize it, do I have permission to:

a)Explain the workings of the trick, but just say "Then you do the Grey Shuffle, and tadá!" - without explaining the grey shuffle;

b)Completely explaingin the Grey Shuffle in the process of the trick;

c)Go to a corner and cry because Dan or Dave won't accept my video?

Gustav

Well, when they show you The Queens on The Trilogy the last vanish they use is the clip shift. However, they (I don't think) had permission to show how that move was done. So in the explanation, they don't show the clip shift, they show something else you can do to replace it. I hope this kinda helps someone. If this comes to close to revealing anything, Mods, have fun, lol.

Sep 1, 2007
This is without a doubt the most cynical pandering I've ever seen from a magic company. I'm off to take solace in alcohol.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results