Buy This 1-on-1!

malibuarmy please forgive me. I didn't mean to take away from your thread or your great review.

the revolver change looks impressive! I may have to get it now based off your review. Thank you for your insight. I'll leave your thread alone I don't want to take away from what you're trying to do here.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
:(

I started this fray with starting this thread. I just wanted to say that this 1 on 1 was good, but now everyone is fighting. :(

After Draven's comment "Rip you apart on these forums" I was like :eek:

Dude, Bill you should have swallowed your pride when JB himself was the first to correct your ethics.

I still feel really bad that I started this :(.

Does anyone like the Revolver Change?

Haha, don't feel bad MalibuARMY. It's Bill's fault.

Anyway, great review. I absolutely LOVE the looks of this change. Definitely gonna go on my list of "wants". Very beautiful looking.

Cheers

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
:(

I started this fray with starting this thread. I just wanted to say that this 1 on 1 was good, but now everyone is fighting. :(

After Draven's comment "Rip you apart on these forums" I was like :eek:

Dude, Bill you should have swallowed your pride when JB himself was the first to correct your ethics.

I still feel really bad that I started this :(.

Does anyone like the Revolver Change?

You didn't start this fight. By what Bill wrote caused it. On topic I think Ill pick this up. I shouldn't because I just spent a lot of money but Ill get it. Thanks for the review.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
I gave it a couple hours last night while watching Mythbusters and was able to get very comfortable with the mechanics and now I am working on the multiple change, it is divided into the two different card change and the multiple card change. I am making my multiple card change faster and smoother now.

Apr 6, 2010
I did not illegally copy it.Rather , I learn the move together with my friend.

I know you didn't, but i likened your disregard for the artist to the same as copying it illegally, you may as well have copied it because once you know a trick you don't need to relearn the method do you...

May 9, 2008
whats so wrong about this guy going to his friends house to watch a magic video?

you guys are joking right.

Are YOU joking? If not, your ignorance is amusing. I'll try to inform you. What's wrong is that he's learning and performing a move that he didn't pay for. It's no different than if his friend burned him a copy. His friend, in essence, purchased a license for 1 person to learn and perform the Revolver Change. Just because his friend purchased the download doesn't mean it's his to give out as he wishes. He has no eithical right treating it as a public library. For each person who learns it and performs it, each person should be paying for their personal license to do so.

Also, releasing secrets to those who didn't pay for it, is called exposure. But I won't open that can of worms.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Seeing as a moderator has asked to get back on topic, I'll save the discourse on ethics and selfishness for its own thread.

MalibuARMY - Of course I love it :) That's why I made my review as well.

Draven - It's a bit knacky, but I'm sure you'll be able to handle it with some practice. I got the spin smooth in a few minutes. I have the basic idea of the mechanics of change after watching the video once through and going along with Andrei, but I'm guessing a couple hours might be needed to get it to the point where I can practice it while doing other things.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
you never went to a friends house to watch the hottest hollywood movie? or to listen to your favorite bands latest music album?

hell, maybe I get out too much.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Different thing entirely. When you buy a DVD you are purchasing the rights to play that movie in your home, for small audiences, not for profit. I'm not 100% positive, but the same probably applies for music. You're able to play those items for limited audiences, for no profit.

Magic videos are different. They are not entertainment. You are buying (among many things) the rights to learn and perform that trick or move yourself, not to show it to others.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
See, this is where the fun begins. Notice how the troll attempts to engage the forum. Also notice how the troll classifies himself as a "problem". There is no attempt to do anything other than be a problem - no attempt to actually debate an issue (the troll is typically incapable of intelligence, or discerning criticism from support). He sees himself as a "problem" and issues a post urging people to "solve" him - i.e. to talk to him more.

The thing about this sort of problem, though, is that it's only a problem when people care enough to actually talk to him about it.

That should tell you all you need to know about him. Apologies to MalibuARMY.

Have fun,

Jan 16, 2008
The troll wants us to have fun?

Prae, if you have fun, you'll be feeding the troll. Read the signs please.

@christopherT - How far away does the audience typically have to be? I'm thinking this will be a tad angle-y if performed too close?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
It seems to me like the ideal distance would be fairly close. With your hands on the card as you spin it, it would be more difficult to see from a distance.

And actually, I find that when I keep people in close I have better control of the angles than if they're back a little bit. For this, I'd probably keep the people to my left, about 3-5 feet away. Which is generally the distance I like to have between myself and people I'm talking to anyway.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Guys,

How this went from a simple product review to a full blown discussion about "trolling" on the internet is beyond me. Let's stay on topic guys!

Great review.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
You end dirty but nothing you can't fix EASILY. I would say the angle are easy as well but obviously sides and back are problems. It is actually more practical than I thought. I'd say go for it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
From the looks of it the angles of the colour change aren't as bad as some have made it out to be... No, you can't perform it surrounded, but I do think that audience control is an underrated factor when it comes to angles and sleights...

Incidentally, I lol'd at how my comment was taken out of context and placed on the Revolver email... Ah well, fair enough.

Oh, and Raiker, apologies for the trolling thing. Although, it did seem to work :eek:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results