Chad Nelson's Liberation of the Fingers

Aug 20, 2008
Hey guys,

I don't know if you heard, but Chad Nelson is releasing new dvd called Liberation of the Fingers .

It's available to pre-order now at his website http://www.modernperformers.com/

I already ordered my copy so I will post the review of it when I get it .

Thanks for reading,
-Motas

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
The card through window effect in the trailer, is strangely the same method as the one I sent Ellusionist, except better in my opinion. I'm confused. It all looks like flourish-magic.

Jun 10, 2010
The card through window effect in the trailer, is strangely the same method as the one I sent Ellusionist, except better in my opinion. I'm confused. It all looks like flourish-magic.

Are you ever going to release it? That was the only effect I liked or couldn't figure out from the trailer, to be honest. Otherwise, I thought it was him trying to put out material to make a DVD like he was low on cash.

EDIT: Damnit. The only good thing on there was the card through glass/window. And the only trick to not be taught, there's only a performance if you scroll down on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
No one has said anything good about this, even know you haven't watched it yet.
It's another dvd for move monkey, must of which you won't use but it's still fun to practice.
There is nothing wrong with that, some people enjoy it, some people don't.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
pretty much like all of chad's other stuff. Just a bunch random, awkward moves that try to be visual or something. Looks like trash IMO. Def not getting this.

Exactly what I was thinking. Edited in iMovie? And his spelling is horrible too...not a good way to start a business. Looks like utter trash and nothing I would ever practice or perform. The sandwich is so unnatural and doesn't make any sense. For the Clipshift, if you think holding and cradling the deck like a claw is natural then you need to realize something...it looks suspicious. No one holds the deck like that...ever. Although I do respect that he's trying to get out there by himself, but it just looks like it's only going to sell maybe 30 copies...

-Casey

Jun 10, 2010
Exactly what I was thinking. Edited in iMovie? And his spelling is horrible too...not a good way to start a business. Looks like utter trash and nothing I would ever practice or perform. The sandwich is so unnatural and doesn't make any sense. For the Clipshift, if you think holding and cradling the deck like a claw is natural then you need to realize something...it looks suspicious. No one holds the deck like that...ever. Although I do respect that he's trying to get out there by himself, but it just looks like it's only going to sell maybe 30 copies...

-Casey

He's certainly ordered atleast 300. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't need to have a re-run.. He just lost one customer after he proclaimed that the card through glass isn't taught on there, but I have my own method.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
He's certainly ordered atleast 300. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't need to have a re-run.. He just lost one customer after he proclaimed that the card through glass isn't taught on there, but I have my own method.

I was being a little sarcastic with the 30 copies...of course he will sell more than that. It seems like the only good effect on there is the card through glass yet it is only a performance. :(

-Casey

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I don't see what's the big deal about it. It's a DVD made for people who want to juggle cards. They'll buy the DVD, practice some stuff, then show it to their friends for a bit, then post it on youtube, and then move onto the next new Dan and dave DVD or new DVD out there by whatever magic company. It most likely won't effect anybody here. It's like if you went out and performed Search and Destroy, then somebody went and did the sandwich effect on the Chad Nelson DVD, that they are going to do anything put be slightly impressed by be the fanci-ness of the one he did. While enjoying the one you did more, because it looked more natural and impossible.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
I'm gonna have to agree with most of the guys here. It just seems like he wanted to make some quick money off of his name. I mean, the sandwich was the most ridiculous thing I've seen. Even though the card through window was pretty cool, it still had some finicky moments, and it's quite angle sensitive (which in and of itself is not a bad thing). But you could really only have people looking over your shoulders (which is not a good viewing angle for your spectators).

Meh, oh well. I shouldn't trash talk it, since it's not out, but I guess if you like this kind of stuff then it looks pretty good.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
I don't see what's the big deal about it. It's a DVD made for people who want to juggle cards. They'll buy the DVD, practice some stuff, then show it to their friends for a bit, then post it on youtube, and then move onto the next new Dan and dave DVD or new DVD out there by whatever magic company. It most likely won't effect anybody here. It's like if you went out and performed Search and Destroy, then somebody went and did the sandwich effect on the Chad Nelson DVD, that they are going to do anything put be slightly impressed by be the fanci-ness of the one he did. While enjoying the one you did more, because it looked more natural and impossible.
True. But I think it just bugs the people here (and me) that Chad is putting out stuff that's not very well done on a DVD for fourty dollars. It's a bit of a rip off. But whatever, whoever buys it, it's their money.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
True. But I think it just bugs the people here (and me) that Chad is putting out stuff that's not very well done on a DVD for fourty dollars. It's a bit of a rip off. But whatever, whoever buys it, it's their money.

There's a lot of magic DVD's out there right now that are of poor quality and not really worth the money.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee

Then don't buy it? everyone is complaining about this dvd, but theres 100s of other crappy dvds out their.
Why are we talking about this one? who cares! if he wants to put out crappy material, let him.
im not saying it's crappy because i havent seen it yet.

Jun 10, 2010

It won't get you mileage, that's why you buy a book. It'll give you a bunch of crap effects, a few flourishy alright looking ones, and nothing else. I've learned over the course of the last few months that if you want to truly take your magic further, invest in a book.

Sep 3, 2007
Hey guys,

I don't know if you heard, but Chad Nelson is releasing new dvd called Liberation of the Fingers .

It's available to pre-order now at his website http://www.modernperformers.com/

I already ordered my copy so I will post the review of it when I get it .

Thanks for reading,
-Motas

To me it looks pretty cool. It's screwed up because people that know magic can't neccessarily do it.

Peace.

Sep 3, 2007
Over many years I have learned the same. Books establish creativity in the reader. DVDs establish none unless they are purely "teaching DVDs."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results